TAF vs FH

By The_Gorilla

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

Both in similar shape (good+) TAF is $300 more.

Better machine and why?

And you thought I was done doing my asinine comparisons! moo hoo hahaha

#2 12 years ago

TAF, only because at equal shape TAF is worth more than FH and $300.

#3 12 years ago

Love both games personally, but TAF is the better game for sure. No question

I had a TAF, and shouldn't have sold it, and I want a funhouse, and won't sell it once I get one...

#4 12 years ago

Had them both, still have my TAF. Not going anywhere. Much better game IMHO.

#5 12 years ago

Looking very TAF.

Not that I am surprised. It would be a hoot to own Whirlwind, FH AND TAF, then I would't have to debate all this over and over and over and over and............

#6 12 years ago

Funhouse is a ton better. Give me the lead on it, please, if you don't go after it.

Two plungers, opening trap door shot, shooting balls into rudy's mouth...

#7 12 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Funhouse is a ton better.

+1 on that. FH is such a classic with a brilliantly designed playfield. TAF is too dark for me and the left side is just too crowded really limiting the playfield design and shot selection IMO.

#8 12 years ago

It depends what the price is. A decent funhouse is 2400ish. A decent TAF is 3k+ buy whichever is the better deal.

#9 12 years ago

Having owned and sold both ( re bought TAF), I would say TAF started an awful lot in the design of Pins. That being said after owning both for a while , I spent more time going to play FH. Why , I can not tell you. I would re buy FH in a minute.

#10 12 years ago

FH is more unique. TAF borrows too heavily from whirlwind which i prefer and costs 1/3 as much.

#11 12 years ago

Are you kidding... TAF by a mile, and I love both and have both.

#13 12 years ago

Both are great - but from a price point TAF is worth more so if they are equal thats a good selling point.

#14 12 years ago

So, did you buy them both, Gorilla?

#15 12 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

Quoted from dung:

It depends what the price is. A decent Funhouse is 2400ish. A decent TAF is 3k+ buy whichever is the better deal.

FH is by far (IMO) much more fun play! For me, the greatest thing about any pin is how fun it is to play....not the costs!!! Guess this goes back to the thread that debates wether we're collectors or players...............hence the price quotes

#16 12 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Guess this goes back to the thread that debates wether we're collectors or players

that was my thread that i got blasted for. I'd rather have FH any day but i grew up with that game. TAF just doesn't do it for me.

I think the only thing holding FH at 15 is the fact that it's pre-dmd. It's the highest ranked pre dmd machine, also.

#17 12 years ago

I haven't played enough TAF to compare the two, but it seems like you see a lot more TAF's for sale lately than FH's.

#18 12 years ago

TAF but only because Rudy annoys the living crap out of me. FH does play well though. If he doesn't bug you then go for it.

#19 12 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Meh said:

dung said:

It depends what the price is. A decent Funhouse is 2400ish. A decent TAF is 3k+ buy whichever is the better deal.

FH is by far (IMO) much more fun play! For me, the greatest thing about any pin is how fun it is to play....not the costs!!! Guess this goes back to the thread that debates wether we're collectors or players...............hence the price quotes

Although I might agree that FH is more fun to play... if both were equal and one is worth more, you could get the more expensive one, sell it and get the other one with cash in hand.

#20 12 years ago

If I were to bring feelings into it, I'd still pick TAF just based on nostagia. But that's me.

#21 12 years ago

FHA is such a great classic and I think a little harder to come by. I would go FH. They made over 10k TAF so they are a lot easier to come by IMHO

#22 12 years ago

So, Gorilla, are you going to get that FH? If not, do i need to give you a finders fee for you to tell me where it is??

#23 12 years ago

ebay.com link: Funhouse pinball Williams fun house arcade game

Quoted from davewtf:

So, Gorilla, are you going to get that FH? If not, do i need to give you a finders fee for you to tell me where it is??

Sorry, Dave, I must have lost some messages I sent out the other day. I thought I already let you in on it. The guy has a store in Grand Lake, CO.

Same price on ebay as off the site, even though it's listed for 3200 on the web page, I think..

#24 12 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Sorry, Dave, I must have lost some messages I sent out the other day.

Oh, Don't worry about it, Gorilla! I don't have any right to badger you about it, anyhow. I do REALLY want a funhouse though. I think that's a good call to pass at that price.

#25 12 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

FHA is such a great classic and I think a little harder to come by. I would go FH. They made over 10k TAF so they are a lot easier to come by IMHO

They made over 10,000 FH. They made over 21,000 TAF, and it is the all time best selling machine.

#26 12 years ago

TAF is great game. Better than FH IMO

#27 12 years ago

I love both, but TAF is probably my third favorite pin of the entire DMD era, while as FH is only my third favorite of Pat Lawlor's System 11 era (WW, then ES, then FH).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 29.95
$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taf-vs-fh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.