Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 53 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by MrDo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 12 years ago

I know we do these all the time but I think this is a good one. Both great machines but I have to go with MB. Great sound bites, Great game play.

#2 12 years ago

Monster Bash

#3 12 years ago

Wow not meaning at all to sound rude but this is not a good one IMHO!

MB all the way and shouldnt be anywhere near close......TAF is my SINGLE MOST over-rated pin of all time!

#4 12 years ago

Another vote for MB!

TAF is great but MB a better overall package.

#5 12 years ago

MB definately, its more fun and theres more to do. Addams Family is great but its just hit the chair, hit the chair, hit the chair...

#6 12 years ago
Quoted from dangermouse007:

TAF is my SINGLE MOST over-rated pin of all time!

Smoking crack is a very bad thing.

TAF is the greatest machine ever made for many reasons. MB is too simple, and why it commands the money it does... I haven't a clue. I looks great, but is just another over toyed and simple, WPC95.

If it wasn't for TAF, pinball would have not lasted as long as it did.

#7 12 years ago

MB if you want a simple and beautiful pin. TAF if you want a deeper pin. I have both and would never sell either one.

#8 12 years ago

TAF for me as well. MB is a great pin but just doesnt have the play another game appeal that TAF does for me.

#9 12 years ago

MB would get my vote, though I can't see myself owning either one.

#10 12 years ago

I LOVE the Universal Monsters theme of MB. It's a great looking game with a fantastic sound package, neat toys and really fun to play. It's a bit on the simpler side but I do hope to someday own one, although they don't pop up too often around here, (like never).

TAF, on the other hand, I would have to say wins between the two. I feel they nailed the theme here and everything just works so well together. The sounds and voice call outs really make it for me. I love the whole package. Also more importantly for me the rules are much deeper than MB. This is what gives it the winning nudge IMO. They made over twenty thousand of these for a reason!

#11 12 years ago

TAF for me. I just can't get in to MB.

#12 12 years ago

=

#13 12 years ago
Quoted from Medieval_Gofers:

MB definately, its more fun and theres more to do. Addams Family is great but its just hit the chair, hit the chair, hit the chair...

The chair shot is definitely a ways down the list of important shots. If you can't consistently hit the bear kick before the chair, then there is no point to hitting the chair, and if you can't consistently hit every other shot after starting a room then there was no reason to hit the chair in the first place.

Please give TAF more time and you may like it better.

#14 12 years ago

I obviously like TAF better for now, but I have spent very little time playing MB

#15 12 years ago

Tough one, like them both......a lot. If I had to sell, it would have to go to family vote.

#16 12 years ago

MB is well...MB. for me its one of my top 3 hands down. so MB

#17 12 years ago

I have both and I play MB more. I would not sell either one.

#18 12 years ago

Monster Bash is way to easy & got boring after 2 months of owning it. Taf is way deeper & more fun too each their own

#20 12 years ago

now youve done it its SHOWTIME gets my vote

#21 12 years ago

both pins are overhype.

MB in the last year went up in price, it's crazy.
the machine looks good and all but i'll have to give it to TAF even if i can't get in to it.

#22 12 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

dangermouse007 said:TAF is my SINGLE MOST over-rated pin of all time!
Smoking crack is a very bad thing.
TAF is the greatest machine ever made for many reasons. MB is too simple, and why it commands the money it does... I haven't a clue. I looks great, but is just another over toyed and simple, WPC95.
If it wasn't for TAF, pinball would have not lasted as long as it did.

This.....

#23 12 years ago

MB all the way and shouldnt be anywhere near close......TAF is my SINGLE MOST over-rated pin of all time!

Agreed.

TAF is, in my opinion, the most overrated pin ever.

MB easily wins this contest.

#24 12 years ago

Neither are very deep. Easy games to pick up. Great for newbies to understand the rule sets.

I think both are fun, which is the most important criteria in pinball.

Having said that, I like MB better.

#25 12 years ago

Own them both and like them both . . . . a lot. Both will be staying put for a while. Great games.

#26 12 years ago

These 2 pins aren't even in the same category.

TAF is far better IMO. MB is a snooze fest.

#27 12 years ago

Which would my heart prefer? MB by a hair.

Which would my wallet prefer? TAF by a couple thousand.

#28 12 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Just kiddin', bro. I don't agree with it being overrated though.

#29 12 years ago

is there even a comparison? MB all the way....I do like TAF but MB is my holy grail!

#30 12 years ago

MB is the greatest pinball ever. TAF is great as well and very much a breakthrough pin but its biggest flaw is the poorly composed music, and the pre DCS sound board it was on didn't help any.

#31 12 years ago
Quoted from Medieval_Gofers:

Hmmm, have to disagree here. Tons of modes on TAF and all of them pretty fun and different. Sure you have to hit the chair to start the mode... or the swamp if you find the chair too easy. I like that you have to re-set the mode shot by hitting a ramp each time... unlike IJ for example.
My vote is for TAF if you want a well designed and well thought-out game that won't get tired. The theme is well integrated and I disagree with comments about poor music. Of course, to compare the sound of a pre DCS game with MB is like apples and oranges, but I like to play pinball. Music is secondary.
If you like lots of shiny "stuff", and you're more concerned about collectibility, maybe MB is more your speed. I love the classic universal monsters, but as a theme, the musical version just doesn't do it for me. It has good appeal for kids and those new to pinball as well, but then again, so does TAF. Depends how many games you plan to end up with I guess.

#32 12 years ago

Guess it also depends on how many pins and how you play pinball.

If you have room for just one, then maybe TAF would be more of a long term challenge.

If you own 4 plus pins then it's MB, for the fun, quotes, theme, etc etc.

Both please

#33 12 years ago

Close, but I got to go with Monster Bash.

#34 12 years ago

I have owned both. TAF is still here.

Last-ability, TAF wins hands down. MB eventually got boring for me. TAF still kicks my ass on a regular occasion.

#35 12 years ago

The only objective information i can give you is that there are more than 5x as many taf out there and mb costs about 50-75% more in comparable shape. Based on that, i'd go MB.

Gameplay preference should only count to you and the people who's opinion matters to you, so you have to ask yourself and them which they prefer.

#36 12 years ago

vs. threads need polls to go with them IMHO.

#37 12 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

vs. threads need polls to go with them IMHO.

they need to not exist

#38 12 years ago

For my money it is MB hands down.

#39 12 years ago

Monster Bash is too easy. The modes aren't as diverse. The sounds and call outs cannot begin to compare with those of TAF, and when it comes down to it, is just not nearly as fun to play.

#40 12 years ago

Moved to the All Pinball sub forum. Pinside Talk is for issues/recommendations with the forum itself.

#41 12 years ago
#42 12 years ago

Tough choice. I am fortunate to have both fully reconditioned and restored. Monster bash and Addams are probably the two most popular pins when I have people over, and reasons why others I know have gotten the pinball bug. I doubt either will leave here. That said if you were to only have one pin Addams is probably the best choice. It is the reason for the revival in the 90's and a testament that it is consistently in the top 10.

#43 12 years ago

MB

Quoted from RobT:

Sorry all have to go +2 on that. Just like my opinion man I know there are tons of pinheads that love it.

#44 12 years ago

Funny, MB and TAF are the only 2 games out of my whole collection that I've redecaled the cabinets on. I like both, and probably would give the nod in playability to TAF, as it has more flippers and therefore more opportunity to interact with the ball. My TAF is also not easy, it can play really mean. I've only had her together for 3 or 4 months, so maybe with more plays she'll get a little easier to understand and anticipate bounces.

MB is just plain 'ol awesome to look at, and I love to try to get all the monsters going at the same time I start Frank's multiball. It's just plain fun everytime I play it, though it does seem easier than my TAF by quite a bit.

Although I rank the gameplay of TAF a little above MB, I got my MB first, as it's rarer, with less produced. Lucky I got it when I did, as the price has gone nuts over the last couple of years. Maybe you should get the MB now if you have the chance, before it escalates in price even more. I suppose that's unless the big pinball crash comes and lowers the price of everything, LOL.

#45 12 years ago

Personally I like MB better. Yeah its simple but sometimes that is a good thing.
TAF has more to do but I just can't get into it for some reason.

I will also have to say that this is comparing apples to oranges since they are no way alike. It's like comparing a Mustang to a F150.

#46 12 years ago

Yeah, I'll take the mustang over the F150, and I'll take The Addams Family over the Monster Bash. Both hit there peak in the 60's, along with Twilight Zone, and are even cooler today.

#47 12 years ago

yep well dude seems to have made a bit of buzz so.... good one IMHO

#48 12 years ago

lol @ the TAF overrated opinions.

MB is one of the most hyped games, 2nd only to MM. Lame talking monster people get sooooo old its not even funny.

Quoted from biglaw:

now youve done it its SHOWTIME gets my vote

Hell yeah it does, my vote as well.

#49 12 years ago

MB.

Never been a huge fan of TAF but it is a great game. MB is just such a brighter, funnier, more interesting pin to me. Hard to go against a game with Gil in it.

#50 12 years ago

I vote for MB for sure...love that game..wish I could afford one! Anyone in South Florida have one and want to invite me over hehe.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taf-v-mb/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.