Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by j69
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

TAF.JPG

#1 5 years ago

The thing eject hole on my TAF stopped ejecting the ball properly. The mechanism is still firing but it doesn't appear to be moving far or strong enough to pop the ball out of the saucer.

I took apart the mechanism and tightened everything up and made sure it was positioned correctly but this didn't fix the problem.

Any suggestions?

#2 5 years ago

Is the coil sleeve broken, dirty or is the plunger mushroomed to the point it is binding inside the sleeve?

#3 5 years ago

Thanks for the fast response. Nothing looks out of the ordinary to me and the plunger seems to move smoothly. I attached a picture which might tell you more of the story than I can. TAF.JPG

#4 5 years ago

I would test the coil to make sure it is good, here's a link on how to http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=General#Testing_an_integrated_circuit
And I would test to make sure you have the proper voltage coming to the coil. Also make sure you have good solder connections and no broken or cracked insulation on the wires (follow them back a little bit to make sure they're not rubbing against metal).

#5 5 years ago

I would first rebuild the mech (take it apart, clean it, add a new sleeve), and then just pop the plunger with your finger and make sure the contact is on the ball where it should be. Hard to do on this, as the PF doesn't pull forward, and this is so far in the back, but if the coil is firing strong, playing around with these mechs manually usually exposes the issue.

3 years later
#6 2 years ago

Sorry for the bump but mine has also stopped working. The switch registers in the switch matrix but when I test the coil I just hear a dull buzz on and off. The plunger isn't binding in the coil and moves perfectly fine with my finger?

I'll get the multimeter out but has anyone got any suggestions?

#7 2 years ago

I don't know if this will pertain to either of these machine problems, but I can say that particular eject and lockup assembly is highly fussy as related to tilt on the playfield. I sold one of these to a buddy at work and most times I have gotten a call on it over the years I have found the game slowly worked itself until it was leaning very slightly to the left. When that happens the balls will not rest where they need to be in that assembly and the game will either not detect them, or won't be able to fire them out. Before you go rebuilding the whole thing I would suggestion you check the level left to right and see if that helps.

#8 2 years ago

It doesn't fire in the test menu so it's nothing to do with the levelling

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Mooresville, NC
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
$ 999.00
Sale Pending!
Des Moines, IA
Machine - For Sale
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
€ 18.95
$ 22.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
Hardware
CPR Playfields
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 279.95
$ 38.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside