(Topic ID: 315266)

TAF shutting down - Could Pinstadium be drawing too much power?

By Vdrums

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Vdrums
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

I've had a TAF with 1st generation Pinstadium (set tastefully) for quite a few years, but recently the TAF shuts down, it seems when people hit both flippers at the same time.

I've read that something could be drawing too much power. Could the Pinstadium be the draw that pushes it over the top? Also I have Color DMD and a B&W still tv set add on)

Any other suggestions (beside get a new hobby- lol)

#2 1 year ago
#3 1 year ago

Disconnect them and see if you still have a problem

#4 1 year ago

Most likely one of your bridge rectifiers are failing

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from rapidraw:

Most likely one of your bridge rectifiers are failing

That's just a wild guess.

You really need to go through the troubleshooting guide since there are multiple places where things could be going wrong or where things are failing.

#6 1 year ago

Pinstadiums draw too much power with machine off.

#7 1 year ago

Thanks all for the info. Luckily I do have a multi meter and hopefully can follow instructions on that wiki to test.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball
Various other swag

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taf-shutting-down-could-pinstadium-be-drawing-too-much-power?hl=jake35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.