Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by MattElder
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Forgive me if this is a simple fix, but it's been driving me nuts!

My TAF seems to have stopped 'shooting again' -- the grace period for a reshoot is nil. The actual Shoot Again light is working fine, but I can't figure out how to reset that option. I've looked through the manual and the options menus but I must be missing it; is there another term for this option? Thanks!

#2 9 years ago

Try Adjustments A.1 - 32 Bonus Flips, set to yes. This is not in the manual.

There are also settings for Attract Mode Sound and Music A.2-27 and A2-28 that aren't in the manual.

BTW, I am using the Gold ROM's

Hmm, went and tested Bonus Flips. It is not ball save, I think it is when the flipper flip during the finger snaps in the music played when bonus is added

#3 9 years ago

So you are talking about a ball save (default time at the start of each ball that you will get another if it drains) and NOT extra balls working correct? If so, it is an adjustment, I can't recall what number, but look for ball save time or duration in the adjustment menu.

#4 9 years ago

By default settings, there isn't a ball save feature/timer in TAF. It isn't like many other games that give you a ball save timer. If there is such a setting, I've never seen a game set that way in over 20 years of playing TAF. I suppose it's possible, right?

There is something else though.

If you launch it and it drains with zero points scored (no time limit at all), then the game believes that it failed to kick the ball into the shooter lane in the first place, and it will then kick another ball into the shooter lane again. If you launch it just short of the skill shot, and it rolls down the field, and you just let it go, you can have another shot at the skill shot (and keep doing it over and over again, as long as no switches/points are hit). So a good strategy is that it is better to miss "short" instead of "long" if you are going to go for the skill shot. Of course it won't work if you are SO short that the ball goes back into the swamp instead of out the end of the shooter lane. That's because the switch will get hit inside of the swamp.

The shoot again light, is just an indicator that you have scored an extra ball, which will be played after it drains. Go ahead, he's got a whole bucket full.

But then again, I suppose there might be setting that isn't documented... and I've just never seen it!

#5 9 years ago

Mine is set so that there's NO save ball option unless NO points are scored before the drain. Could yours be set the same?

Edit: I walked away from my computer for a bit-- looks like Kirkgun answered while I was gone.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from kirkgun:

By default settings, there isn't a ball save feature/timer in TAF. It isn't like many other games that give you a ball save timer. If there is such a setting, I've never seen a game set that way in over 20 years of playing TAF.

I do believe this is correct, I never saw a ball save setting on my TAF, however it has been a while since I owned it. Should be in the adjustment menu if it exists. If you hit nothing then it will serve the ball back to you, hit one target and nada. Very common in Plaw titles that their is no ball save, Plaw no likey ball saves.

#7 9 years ago

There is no timed 'ball save' option. I think I read that Pat Lawlor didn't like them!

#8 9 years ago

Hmm, figured there was. I never increase ball save, keep most of my rules stock. I know TZ has this though right? I know when I got mine and the extra buin was enabled, that had a long ball save.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

I know TZ has this though right?

Twilight Zone does have the option, although it is off my default. From the manual:

A.2 27 Free Ride Time
This determines the time (in seconds) of the free-ride auto-fire feature. This feature will give the player a free ball if the 1st ball in play does not last this length of time.
Settings: OFF
6-15 seconds
Factory Default: OFF

#10 9 years ago

Thanks folks!! I thought I was going nuts -- couldn't get the ball save to kick in, couldn't find it in the manual or menus. You're completely right, it never existed in the first place. I guess Pat knows best

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from leesparts:

Hmm, went and tested Bonus Flips. It is not ball save, I think it is when the flipper flip during the finger snaps in the music played when bonus is added

No, not quite. The "No bonus flips" setting refers to whether or not the flippers are able to be flipped during the bonus count at the end of each ball. Set to "yes" and you can't flip them. Set to "no" and the flippers can still be activated during this time. It's a standard adjustment on most B/W games of the era, not just TAF.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 180.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 1,059.00
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taf-shoot-again and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.