5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by mmr61184
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Is it worth repairing the welds on the electric chair scoop or buy new ones from mantis.

#2 5 years ago

I would buy a new one.

#3 5 years ago

https://mantispinball.com/product-category/addams-family/

Kerry's stuff is better than the origianls.

LTG : )

#4 5 years ago

It's worth it if your buddy can weld it for a beer or whatever, and then you can shave it down.

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

https://mantispinball.com/product-category/addams-family/
    Kerry's stuff is better than the origianls.
    LTG : )

Thanks Lloyd, That’s exactly who I was going to get them from if I buy them.

#6 5 years ago

I've welded them up before. Stainless is difficult to weld if you don't have the proper wire. I've used a MIG set-up for mild steel and it held up for 2 years on location. Since I've got a welder, easy enough to quickly; so that would be my vote.

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

I've welded them up before. Stainless is difficult to weld if you don't have the proper wire. I've used a MIG set-up for mild steel and it held up for 2 years on location. Since I've got a welder, easy enough to quickly; so that would be my vote.

Thanks I tried having somebody weld one for me but they defintey went overboard so that’s why I was asking. If I could find the right person then I gues it would make sense to weld

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from mmr61184:

Thanks I tried having somebody weld one for me but they defintey went overboard so that’s why I was asking. If I could find the right person then I gues it would make sense to weld

Unless you know some one who can weld the Stainless correctly for you, just buy a new one.

#9 5 years ago

Stainless needs to be TIG welded. I hit up an exhaust/muffler shop and they did it in 5 minutes and I gave him $10. It's got about 2,000 plays on those welds now.

#10 5 years ago

I had a family friend tig weld one and he mutilated it needs to be smoothed out and polished. I have two more that need to be done that’s why I was asking. I may just buy new ones

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taf-scoop-repair-or-buy-new and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.