Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9363 (resized).JPG
IMG_9362 (resized).JPG
IMG_9365 (resized).PNG
2017-03-10 07_02_30-Stolen Souls - Block Brewing Company _ Photos - Untappd (resized).jpg
IMG_9342 (resized).PNG
IMG_8967 (resized).JPG
IMG_8965 (resized).JPG
IMG_8376 (resized).PNG
IMG_8380 (resized).JPG
IMG_8378 (resized).JPG
IMG_8377 (resized).JPG
IMG_7823 (resized).JPG
IMG_7822 (resized).JPG
IMG_7821 (resized).JPG
IMG_7820 (resized).JPG
IMG_7819 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nyp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#233 7 years ago

I've never tried sanding cabinet decals off, I use a heat gun and a scraper. Anyone have opinions on which way is better?

1 week later
#246 7 years ago

I notice you use the ROS without a vacuum so I assume you get a decent amount of dust, my shop is smaller and many times there are games nearby that are close to finished so I need to work clean. I have an electric ROS not one that uses compressed air. The way I've tried in the past is heat gun and scraper to remove the decals followed by sprayway 909 orange power plus de-greaser and then scrape all the glue off, then I would sand. Never had problems with raising the grain. This time I tried skipping the de-greaser and scraping and sanding it off using my ROS hooked up to the shop vac. I did 1 side yesterday with 80 grit and it was slow going and used a lot of sandpaper, today I tried 60 grit on the other side and it went much faster. Hooked up to the shop vac the dust wasn't too bad.

McCune uses a festool ( there's a vid on youtube:

) The festool aint cheap so not jumping into that but sure looks quick and easy. But I don't think scared stiff was decals so I'm not sure if you could do this on a decaled game. I know I keep calling them decals but it's really vinyl ( or whatever) coated plywood and the art is silk screened but it's easier to call them decals

Not sure how HEP does it. Anyway hope I'm not hijacking the thread, just trying to share my feedback.

1 week later
#448 7 years ago

do you do anything to keep the coil wrappers from unraveling? I have had problems with new wrappers unraveling and used double-sides scotch tape at the end of the wrapper, curious how others handle that.

1 week later
#625 7 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Just for the hell of it, I kept track of the number of vendors I had to deal with on the last restore I did, which was a FH.
I think most would think it's maybe 8. Turned out to be 17.

This is what I've been ranting about lately, don't know what's going on but I am spending way more time than I used to hunting down parts and have to go through lots of different sellers to get what I need. It really slows down the restoration when you don't have what you need.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.95
$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nyp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taf-restoration-by-bryan-kelly?tu=nyp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.