Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9363 (resized).JPG
IMG_9362 (resized).JPG
IMG_9365 (resized).PNG
2017-03-10 07_02_30-Stolen Souls - Block Brewing Company _ Photos - Untappd (resized).jpg
IMG_9342 (resized).PNG
IMG_8967 (resized).JPG
IMG_8965 (resized).JPG
IMG_8376 (resized).PNG
IMG_8380 (resized).JPG
IMG_8378 (resized).JPG
IMG_8377 (resized).JPG
IMG_7823 (resized).JPG
IMG_7822 (resized).JPG
IMG_7821 (resized).JPG
IMG_7820 (resized).JPG
IMG_7819 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grb1959.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#269 7 years ago

Hi Kornfreak,

Don't forget the target decals for your TAF. Bryan will get cranky if you don't get a set and have him install those on the completed game.

Gord

1 week later
#408 7 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I think they look pretty cool. My only concern is the lifting of the playfield. I don't care how careful you lift it, there will be that one time you put a tad more pressure on one side and the playfield doesn't lift square and you get a scuff or scratch in the artwork. Same goes with mirror blades. When I install those, they're the very last thing I install before I pack the game. I tell the owner he can put the first scratch in them.

Hi Bryan,

That is the same concern that I have always had. I think the inner side decals look great, but if you scratch them lifting the playfield then it isn't a simple touch-up with a black Sharpie marker.

I would guess that you would need to line the playfield sides with a soft felt and then still really be careful when lifting and lowering the playfield to avoid scratching the inner side decals.

Gord

#545 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

What cards do you guys recommend? These are the cards I currently have. Post pictures of your cards if possible!

Hey George,

I picked up some custom apron cards from Pinball Decals for my TAF several years ago. Here is the URL for them although there is no photo of them on their website.

http://www.pinballdecals.com/PartsByGamePages/TAF_Page.html

Below is a partial photo of one of the card from my TAF which was sold earlier this year. Also pictured below are a set of TAF custom cards that I picked up from one of the apron card websites.

Gord

DSCN0224 (resized).JPGDSCN0224 (resized).JPG
addamsinstcust (resized).jpgaddamsinstcust (resized).jpg
TAF (resized).jpgTAF (resized).jpg

#549 7 years ago

George,

Below is a TAF custom apron card set in PDF format as well as some links for TAF custom pinball cards. You should be able to click on the images below and then print them to your printer using photo paper as the cards are correctly sized.

http://www.pinballcards.com/
http://www.pinballrebel.com/game/pins/instruction/zach/zach.htm
http://pinballboy.com/all-rule-cards
http://www.pinballrebel.com/game/pins/card/card.htm

Gord

TAF.pdfTAF.pdf

#556 7 years ago
Quoted from smiley:

Cool, so why don't you just post them as your's?

Likely because that would be somewhat of a PITA for Bryan. It is fairly simple for Bryan to snap photos on his iPhone and send them to George i.e. Kornfreak with very little effort and then letting George upload the photos to this forum.

Please correct me if I am wrong Bryan.

Gord

#617 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I'm ready to print the cards, how long do they have to be?? Thanks!

Hi George,

The trick in printing apron cards is to make sure that the apron cards are sized properly in the file before you print it out. In the file that I sent to you (TAF.docx), both cards are already sized correctly for TAF so you need to put an 8.5" x 11" piece of photo paper into your printer and print it out (both cards will print on the same sheet of photo paper).

I use a paper trimmer to trim the apron cards once the file has been printed. Something like the paper trimmer shown below.

https://www.amazon.com/Swingline-Trimmer-Guillotine-Capacity-ClassicCut/dp/B016LDV41S/ref=sxts_k2p_hero1

Most of the web sites that have the free apron cards have already properly sized the apron cards so all you have to do is print them and trim them.

Gord

#621 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Hi Gord!
Ok so I just print them at 100% correct?

Correct, the file that I sent to you should be printed out at 100%. Also, most of websites that have the free apron cards are also setup to print at 100%.

Gord

2 months later
#753 7 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I've been fortunate to have three games restored by Bryan and all three arrived back home undamaged in shipping. Bryan does a spectacular job protecting the pins for shipment. He ships them back on a pallet protected by multiple layers of blankets, cardboard and shrink wrap.

+ 1 on Damon's comments. I have had several pins restored by BK as well and when each game was shipped to me it is always covered in a cocoon of shipping blankets, cardboard and shrink wrap.

All of my pins arrived safely without a scratch. Even when games are wrapped as carefully and thoroughly as BK wraps them they are subject to potential shipping damage if the shipper is negligent, but carefully wrapping each pin significantly lessens the risk of damage during shipping.

Gord

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 29.95
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,159.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grb1959.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taf-restoration-by-bryan-kelly?tu=grb1959 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.