Topic Stats

• 839 posts
  • 77 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by KornFreak28
  • Topic is favorited by 90 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 658 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_9363 (resized).JPG
IMG_9362 (resized).JPG
IMG_9365 (resized).PNG
2017-03-10 07_02_30-Stolen Souls - Block Brewing Company _ Photos - Untappd (resized).jpg
IMG_9342 (resized).PNG
IMG_8967 (resized).JPG
IMG_8965 (resized).JPG
IMG_8376 (resized).PNG
IMG_8380 (resized).JPG
IMG_8378 (resized).JPG
IMG_8377 (resized).JPG
IMG_7823 (resized).JPG
IMG_7822 (resized).JPG
IMG_7821 (resized).JPG
IMG_7820 (resized).JPG
IMG_7819 (resized).JPG

There are 839 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 17.
#801 2 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Ok, that's it. I want my next machine restored by bryan_kelly. A) How do I get in line and B) how do I find an eligible TOTAN.

No need to get in line, just send your machine to him

TOTAN? Now that's a different story

#802 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Factory stickers. Nice finishing touch!

Um, I may have missed it somewhere along the line.... what is the switch or pot installed in the top RHS of the backbox, just next to the FBI warning label? Is it to do with the Flipper Fidelity speakers installed?

#803 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Um, I may have missed it somewhere along the line.... what is the switch or pot installed in the top RHS of the backbox, just next to the FBI warning label? Is it to do with the Flipper Fidelity speakers installed?

Yup. Volume control.

#804 2 years ago

Very nice work Bryan!

#805 2 years ago

I really love the factory stickers . Can someone PM me and tell me where I might have them made ?
thanks Scott

#806 2 years ago
Quoted from g43crazy:

I really love the factory stickers . Can someone PM me and tell me where I might have them made ?
thanks Scott

I find most of them here:

http://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/

1 week later
#807 2 years ago

My TAF restoration is complete! Bryan did and INCREDIBLE job! Black legs will be installed by me. The machine looks sick!!! Thank you Bryan!

I've enjoyed sharing my experience in this thread so much. Hope you guys liked it too. Bryan is protecting and getting it ready for shipping. I might post a few more pics when I set it up In my gameroom. Thanks!!!

IMG_8377 (resized).JPG

IMG_8378 (resized).JPG

IMG_8380 (resized).JPG

#808 2 years ago

BIG thanks to Chris @ HEP for restoring my playfield, Modfather for the awesome paint job on thing and thing box and To Ron for the awesome plating job!

#809 2 years ago

Been following this thread from the beginning and found it extremely enlightening and informative. As a noob around here, I learned quite a bit just from observing a master at work. Thanks for sharing each and every step!

KornFreak congrats on an awesome game! And Bryan, wow, that is some damn fine work. Cheers to you both!

#810 2 years ago

Beauitiful game and a great thread to follow. Enjoy that game!

#811 2 years ago

Glad you guys liked it!

#812 2 years ago

Wow, absolutely stunning. Please post some pics with the black legs.

#813 2 years ago

Bryan, Doesn't get any better than this!! Very Outstanding Work Indeed!!

#814 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

My TAF restoration is complete! Bryan did and INCREDIBLE job! Black legs will be installed by me. The machine looks sick!!! Thank you Bryan!
I've enjoyed sharing my experience in this thread so much. Hope you guys liked it too. Bryan is protecting and getting it ready for shipping. I might post a few more pics when I set it up In my gameroom. Thanks!!!

I just looked at the pics. That IS a pretty nice TAF.

#815 2 years ago

Stunning, watching these artist making a nice pin into a mueseum piece. Great job.
Harley D.

#816 2 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Stunning, watching these artist making a nice pin into a mueseum piece.

Thank you, but stop that. It is just a pinball machine. A nice one, but still just a pinball machine.

#817 2 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I just looked at the pics. That IS a pretty nice TAF.

Indeed it is my friend. Thanks for the dedication and attention to detail! Very impressed with your skills. Can't wait 'till the next restoration!

As soon as the wife talks to me again, that is....just bought a Metallica PRO and bought it behind her back. Damn it!!! Somehow she always finds out!!!!

Oh well, she'll get over it

IMG_8376 (resized).PNG

#818 2 years ago

KornFreak28 I live a few hours from Brian, I could save you all that shipping by picking it up and taking to my house where I could test it for you. When it passes testing phase I could drive it down to your house in the spring. What do you think?

#819 2 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

KornFreak28 I live a few hours from Brian, I could save you all that shipping by picking it up and taking to my house where I could test it for you. When it passes testing phase I could drive it down to your house in the spring. What do you think?

Very interesting offer Grumpy!

#820 2 years ago

Great job BK and thanks for documenting/sharing KornFreak28!

These are the best threads on pinside!

Really appreciate the knowledge gained!

#821 2 years ago

Bryan....How about a final beer pic?

#822 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Bryan....How about a final beer pic?

Why ruin it!!!!

#823 2 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Why ruin it!!!!

I heard that, asshole!!

#824 2 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I heard that, asshole!!

Beer! Beer! Beer! Beer!!!!

1 week later
#825 2 years ago

Game is crated and ready to ship. Some nice old parts are inside the crate as well. Bryan, I wish to congratulate you, you did an amazing job! Thank you for everything!

As crazy as this sounds...due to some personal reasons I may have to sell this game before I even get to play it

Again, I may keep it but I may have to sell it, Not sure yet. The game is crated and ready to go, If anybody is interested PM me. Everything inside the crate is included. I won't discuss it on this thread. If I don't get any interest in a few days, I'll keep it. Thanks guys and Thanks Bryan!

IMG_8965 (resized).JPG

IMG_8967 (resized).JPG

#826 2 years ago

Was the wife unhappy about the Metallica? Killer game but I just bought a "non-BRYAN" taf so it wouldn't make sense for me

#827 2 years ago
Quoted from Bronty:

Was the wife unhappy about the Metallica? Killer game but I just bought a "non-BRYAN" taf so it wouldn't make sense for me

Actually she was...LOL but that's not the reason. Thanks!

#828 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Tell the truth, it's due to the fact that Bryan drinks crappy beer and you don't want any association with him???

#@$# happens so understand you may have to sell it but man you have to get it and play it a few times before selling it off! It would really suck if you didn't even get to open it and see/play it!

Bryan, all kidding aside.....nice job on the machine! Always enjoy the restoration threads!

#829 2 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Tell the truth, it's due to the fact that Bryan drinks crappy beer and you don't want any association with him???
#@$# happens so understand you may have to sell it but man you have to get it and play it a few times before selling it off! It would really suck if you didn't even get to open it and see/play it!
Bryan, all kidding aside.....nice job on the machine! Always enjoy the restoration threads!

Don't get me wrong. I want to play this game more than anything. Most probably I'll keep it but the option is there...

#830 2 years ago

Are you going to Canada?

#831 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Well good luck man! As was said, stuff happens, but that's one sweet game If it were me I'd sell something else, but I know how it is, you have to do what you have to do

#832 2 years ago
Quoted from Bronty:

Well good luck man! As was said, stuff happens, but that's one sweet game If it were me I'd sell something else, but I know how it is, you have to do what you have to do

Thanks man! I'll probably just keep it. Hopefully, we'll see

#833 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Even though the LED's are the correct color when lit, Bryan still puts a condom on them so they look right. They do however have to be trimmed to fit.

OK, I wanted to try this technique of "condoms on frosted bulbs" and I did just that when I recently refurbished a Creature FTBL.
I looked at the finished work, turned on the power to see the results and then just thought about it for 5 minutes.
Why is this better than not using the condoms.........????

Finally! I figured it out. Even when the bulb is not lit up, you still see the "color" the light is designed to be.
It is much different to look at a column of 4 frosted bulbs and they all look the same when powered off,
compared to a column of 4 bulbs that "maintain" their color even when powered off.

It's a great idea. Thanks again.

#834 2 years ago

Kept game. Thanks guys!

2 weeks later
#835 2 years ago

Game has arrived! I Finally get to enjoy a Spotted Cow beer all thanks to Bryan! I must admit....This beer Tastes pretty darn good!!!! Thanks Bryan!!!

I'll post pics of TAF later.....

IMG_9342 (resized).PNG

#836 2 years ago

Love Cow! And TAF

#837 2 years ago

I still can't understand the fascination with spotted cow. to me it tasted like michelob ultra. I'm guessing that all you IL and WS people are ecstatic when you first tasted that glorious 3.2% beer from ohio as well?

when you guys are ready to put on your "big boy pants" and try a "real" beer, let me know
BLOCK brewing co, howell, mi - stolen souls [bourbon barrel finished beer]

#838 2 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I still can't understand the fascination with spotted cow. to me it tasted like michelob ultra. I'm guessing that all you IL and WS people are ecstatic when you first tasted that glorious 3.2% beer from ohio as well?
when you guys are ready to put on your "big boy pants" and try a "real" beer, let me know

Damn! That looks like serious business right there!

#839 2 years ago

Beautiful machine and awesome work by Bryan! Very happy with it!

IMG_9365 (resized).PNG

IMG_9362 (resized).JPG

IMG_9363 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 999.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 839 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 17.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside