Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by tedge
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

My project TAF doesn't make that satisfying "pop" sound when a replay is rewarded. I assume that it is some sort of solenoid, but it doesn't seem to be listed in the manual. What is that thing called, and where should it be located?

#2 8 years ago

It's called a knocker, and on that machine it should be located in the upper left corner of the backbox. If you look, you should see a solenoid there which fires a plunger into a metal strike plate. That's what makes the loud cracking sound.

#3 8 years ago

Mine sounds like my front door is being kicked in..i love it though
the knocker in TAF is located in the cabinet

#4 8 years ago

Is the knocker that knocks during the Seance the same as the one that knocks for replays? They sound totally different. The knocker for the Seance (I think it's called the Thing Knocker) isn't in the cabinet.

#5 8 years ago

Some games they are located somewhere under the playfield as well. My TAF has the knocker on the lower right side under the playfield. The same knocker is used for replays and the Seance knocker. All this talk about knockers....

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

The knocker in TAF is located in the cabinet ...

Oops!

I incorrectly assumed it was located in the same spot as it is on my TZ and STTNG.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Oops! []

I incorrectly assumed it was located in the same spot as it is on my TZ and STTNG.

TAF has the best knocker in any machine

#8 8 years ago

I could've sworn the knocker was in the cab. Every time I hit Seance ramps, it felt like a hammer was smacking the right side. So sweet

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from PwninShiznat:

I could've sworn the knocker was in the cab. Every time I hit Seance ramps, it felt like a hammer was smacking the right side. So sweet []

I love it when unexpected people play and that happens they shit
bricks and jump 3ft.high hehehe!!!

#10 8 years ago

Hey Tedge,I posted the info for the knocker in your other Thread.

#11 8 years ago

So the knocker makes both noises? Hmm, does the solenoid actuate in two different directions? Either way, it is essential to my enjoyment of this game!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.95
€ 3.70

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside