Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 124 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Donnyman
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

index.jpeg
    th-339.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmklunk.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#99 9 years ago

I don't think a TAF remake could realistically happen. As others have said Rick would have to get the price point to $5k-$6k for a TAF remake.

Bottom line is... It costs about the same to manufacture MMr as it would to make TAFr. Price point on MMr is $8k. If it costs PPS the same to manufacture both machines and Rick drops the price point to $6k for TAFr, vs. $8k on MMr, it shows how much money was made on MMr. It just won't realistically work.

#100 9 years ago

I just don't think enough people would jump on a TAFr for $8k.

Repro playfields for TAF, however, I could see as a realistic and viable option from a business standpoint.

#107 9 years ago
    Quoted from Mrbill:

I would think there would be a market for plug-in compatible fully populated playfields, but it does not look like they want to go that route.

I agree to a certain point, but most Addams's out there are complete, just trashed. If you wanted to do a playfield swap but already had a fully populated (albeit trashed) playfield and you bought another repro fully populated playfield, you'd have no use for all of the parts on the trashed playfield. Seems like a waste to me.

#110 9 years ago
    Quoted from bmunn1:

I would say its less than MMr to make (first pin is the hardest). TAFr at $6k would sell. There should be amble profits considering no R&D, no programming, boardset is probably already done with the MMr (not sure about this one). It's likely profitable at $4k considering those factors. It's really guessing how much profit PPS could make before severely impacting demand. Personally, I would not pay more than $6k unless it was a holy Grail pin/theme for me (which it's not).

Agreed. I think TAFr would sell at $6k too. PPS is going to have to crunch some numbers though. Say they cost $3k to make (I have no idea what they actually cost but bear with me). Like you said I don't think there's demand at $8k. If Rick tried to price them at $8k I don't think they'd sell. However if he can price them at $6k I think that would be reasonable. If it's profitable though, it has to make business sense as well.

I have a really nice Addams and I think I would consider picking up a TAFr at $6k. No more than that though. And it would have to look and feel the same as the original.

I think they need to let MMr pan out and get in people's hands first before looking into other titles.

#117 9 years ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

Hey! This is Pinside! Rational thinking is not allowed when discussing future pinball machine releases!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmklunk.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taf-remake?tu=dmklunk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.