Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 124 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Donnyman
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

index.jpeg
    th-339.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bmunn1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 9 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

Good luck with that one.

I can't see it selling in quantities for much higher. Too many out there.

#37 9 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Never know. Stern can run games sub 5k. Are the parts on TAF more than IMVE or ST? If so, how much? It is t like magnets cost hundreds of dollars...
    Maybe 6k would be more reasonable. The only game PPS can make, in personal view, at 8k that will sell well other than MM is BBB. I think AFM and MB will not move (many machines) for 8k.

I agree. I would never buy AFM regardless (but I know people love it). For the right price I would consider: MB, CV, TAF. If rules were updated and priced correctly I would also consider: TOM and TOTAN. I love JPOP's layouts but the rules seem to be consistently underwhelming (MB could use some addition rules as well).

The other consideration is MM, AFM and MB are all fan layouts and how many people are going to buy more then just one of that higher price point.

#38 9 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

The problem isn't how many are out there (those old beat up off rout games won't compete with a new remake with upgrades), it is just the market for 8k games is small. I'm not a buyer at 8k, come down to 5k or especially sub 5k and the market of potential buyers is much much larger.

I know multiple folks that used to buy NIB every year when it was 4-6k. They now refuse to buy unless it returns to those pricing levels. The higher prices are not sustainable. Most folks have more than one hobby. For 8k you can buy an old car or halfway to a new fishing boat.

#40 9 years ago

NIB pins were available with all the features for around $4k 4-5 years ago (that was with a heathy profit). They are making insane profits now.

#84 9 years ago
    Quoted from ChadKeller:

Rick, At what point does it not make sense to reproduce? If you can buy them for $4k in ok shape now does it make sense to remake them? I always figured that anything that sells for $6k or less right now wouldn't justify a remake. I wish you would announce what is getting remade so we can get on with it. I can't tell you how many people are not buying pins right because they think every good title will be remade and we know that is not the case. (or maybe it is the case)

I remember when new sterns (fully loaded SM, BDK, FYG, etc) were available for $4k NIB. I am sure there was a profit baked in.

PPS is in the business of making money. They don't just compete against Stern and JJP. But pin restorers as well.

I think Rick gave a great answer, if there is enough perceived profit they will consider.

I am curious the average price of TAF + restoration costs (self or outsourced) compared to potential TAFr. That might help Rick with is decision. I imagine that to be more then or equal to MMr price. Not that I would buy one for that price.

#109 9 years ago
    Quoted from dmklunk:

I don't think a TAF remake could realistically happen. As others have said Rick would have to get the price point to $5k-$6k for a TAF remake.
    Bottom line is... It costs about the same to manufacture MMr as it would to make TAFr. Price point on MMr is $8k. If it costs PPS the same to manufacture both machines and Rick drops the price point to $6k for TAFr, vs. $8k on MMr, it shows how much money was made on MMr. It just won't realistically work.

I would say its less than MMr to make (first pin is the hardest). TAFr at $6k would sell. There should be amble profits considering no R&D, no programming, boardset is probably already done with the MMr (not sure about this one). It's likely profitable at $4k considering those factors. It's really guessing how much profit PPS could make before severely impacting demand. Personally, I would not pay more than $6k unless it was a holy Grail pin/theme for me (which it's not).

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bmunn1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taf-remake?tu=bmunn1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.