Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Ambro
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

First time pinball owner with a weird problem on my The Addams Family machine. Randomly, but occurring more often in the past few days, the ball being played has been seen by the machine as drained/lost somehow - although the ball is definitely in play. The game keeps playing (no feature total displays etc.) as normal although a ball has been lost (if playing single player) or either moves to the next player (if playing multi player).

I have got a few mods on the machine, so to eliminate that being the issue (power related) I have ordered a power daughter board from rkahr - but whilst I wait for that to come in the mail I thought I might throw this out to the gurus on this site who might have come across this problem before just in case it is something other than power related. Any ideas?

#2 4 years ago

Check the trough switches.

#3 4 years ago

Not power related.

Best to test out all the switches using the switch edge test.

Be sure the game only has 3 balls installed.

#4 4 years ago

Thanks guys; you're right!

I never noticed that sometimes the ball would get popped to the plunger and the ball behind it would not follow to become 'the next cab on the rank'. I can here a faint clicking but on closer inspection I could not see a solenoid helping push the rogue ball so I presumed all was normal. This however was causing the issue - the next ball has to be ready to be ejected to the plunger or I get the drain/missing ball problem.

The switch edge test for the trough switches were all okay.

To fix I just bent the first wire that leads to the first ball (right side) sensor trough so the second ball would flow freely into that spot. So far so good.

Although I wonder what that faint clicking sound is coming from...; anyway cheers for the heads up, lesson learnt that some problems are as simple as observing a bit more (and giving a 30 year old machine some TLC!!).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,159.00
$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taf-random-ball-loss-during-play?hl=ambro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.