• 16 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by spfxted
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

hey Guys....

Had been looking at this TAF and with a few hours to go, its gotten too rich for my blood.
ebay.com link: Addams Family Pinball machine

Are there any good TAF player quality games out there south of $4k.
Depression is setting in.

#2 10 years ago

Ya, it's already overpriced as it sits from reading the description.

#3 10 years ago

and the whole story is not there...I had e-mailed him a few times. He told me the DMD takes a while to warm up so that may be another replacement part. Also told me that the bookcase makes a loud grinding noise. (maybe just the arm that is broken, but who knows)

Man I was hoping to grab something like this for a reasonable price...

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Ya, it's already overpriced as it sits from reading the description.

really? I thought they normally sell closer to 5 and looks like it needs only minor work. I must be a little off

#5 10 years ago

Forget the pin what the hell and why would the guy have a caged skelliton wearing cans

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

really? I thought they normally sell closer to 5 and looks like it needs only minor work. I must be a little off

When it comes to TAF pricing I'm still stuck in my head from a few years ago when I could buy them all day for 3500

#7 10 years ago

I bought a very nice one about 6 years ago at a garage sale and only paid 900 for it.

#8 10 years ago

That price isn't too bad. A new DMD is $150 and fixing the bookcase shouldn't be too hard with all the experts here. Probably 4000 would be a good price, but it's not totally unreasonable a bit higher if PF and cab are solid, especially if you can pick it up local.

Prices on these are climbing, anything decent below 4500 is good, I think. I just sold mine so I have an idea where the market is and what demand is like.

The scoop around the electric chair looks very clean, rare on a routed machine. Right inlane also looks good and doesn't look like any flipper wear around the buttons. If I were closer...yada yada yada.

#9 10 years ago

Rlerman...

So I should remove the idea from my head that I can get one one of these for less than 4K?

Please don't make me cry....

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Rlerman...

So I should remove the idea from my head that I can get one one of these for less than 4K?

Don't cry, just know you won't find one on ebay in the immediate future for that amount. You can find one @ your price, you'll just have to work hard looking for it

#11 10 years ago

TAF has always bugged because it's one of those classic common games that people charge ridiculous amounts for. It's like the Super Mario Bros 3 of the pinball world; sellers base their prices on its popularity and play value.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Rlerman...

Will be very tough to find a decent one at that price. I could have sold mine all day long at 4500, it was perfect mechanically, but had a few flaws, inlane wear, flipper button wear, minor mansion wear, but the demand was there for both cash and trade. I had ct LEDs, that's worth 150 or so if that is your preference. I'd say you'll need some luck sub 4500.

It really is a great machine, best callouts with the exception of maybe mm, and it's really fun to play. It's also built so much more solidly than games today.

#13 10 years ago

So it went for $4400 which actually seems about right. Lots of what if's, but as others have said, a new DMD is $150. But the unknowns are the big one. Based on what you're not seeing...
No idea if there is any battery/board damage
No idea what the deal is withe the vault
Those two alone could be hundreds of dollars.
And without seeing closeups of the playfield, you just don't know.

It could be a new DMD and some solder joints, or it could be a trashed MPU board, new motor, optos, etc...

#14 10 years ago

I was bidding on it and let it go. pF looked promising. Oh well would have been a long drive

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

When it comes to TAF pricing I'm still stuck in my head from a few years ago when I could buy them all day for 3500

I can't get past the $3500 mark either.

#16 10 years ago

Yeah...if I'm spending $4,400 on it, I certainly want everything working and looking pretty damn good!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taf-on-e-bayhow-high-will-it-go and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.