You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3126 (resized).JPG
IMG_3121 (resized).JPG
IMG_3119 (resized).JPG
#1 6 years ago

Replaced a coil and installed a complete flipper rebuild kit. I have the EOS switch adjusted to what I believe is correct but I get an intermittent flipper sticking on hold. It's an electrical hold for sure. Could it be in a board? Picture of the bottom after rebuild and adjustment. I have a video but don't know how to post it.

IMG_3119 (resized).JPGIMG_3119 (resized).JPG

#2 6 years ago

Next time it sticks up turn the game off. If it stays up it's a mechanical issue, if it drops it's electrical.

Mechanical - your EOS leaf blades are bent over away from the coil, they should be more straight up and down. The long one is likely sticking on the pawl when the flipper is up.

Make sure the flipper bat has a tiny bit of up and down play ( not back and forth ) so the pawl isn't sticking on the nylon bushing the flipper shaft rides in.

LTG : )

#3 6 years ago

Alright, I adjusted the EOS and no change-see pic.

I have made sure there is a little up and down play on the flipper shaft in the bushing.

The flipper does not stay stuck on hold. If you flip the flipper again it will release or just after a second or so it comes down.

IMG_3121 (resized).JPGIMG_3121 (resized).JPG

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from Mpluff:

The flipper does not stay stuck on hold. If you flip the flipper again it will release or just after a second or so it comes down.

Lift playfield up. Move flipper up. Is the arm on the pawl close to the end of the blade of the EOS - if so that is what is catching.

If not, remove plunger assembly and see if it wiggles freely.

#5 6 years ago

Pic is with flipper up. I don't see a catch on the EOS switch.
I'm removing the plunger now...
Thanks

IMG_3126 (resized).JPGIMG_3126 (resized).JPG

#6 6 years ago

Plunger moves freely. I adjusted the flipper button contacts but I'm still having the same issue.

#7 6 years ago

You also have the coil in backwards. Lugs should be away from the coil stop. (Constant vibration can crack solder joints.)

Second, you may not have enough play in the flipper assy. The pawl and plunger should be as straight as possible. If the two aren't straight enough, they tend to stick slightly.

You may want to check out vid's guide:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-upgradingrebuilding-flippers

#8 6 years ago

I'm not sure what you mean about the coil being in backwards. It only installs one way. It's installed the same as the one I removed.

I'll check out the link.
Thanks

#9 6 years ago

No I'm reading the write up and noticing the coil position...

#10 6 years ago

Flipped coils real quick and now it's better....

#11 6 years ago

Here's where I'm at.
I had a good pinball friend come over today and we looked at a few things.
The issue:
The lower right flipper sticks on a hold sometimes but not all the time when flipped.
Things we tried:
1. When it does stick on hold, you can flip the left flipper and it will release the right flipper every time. We have ruled out thinking the vibration of the left flipper flipping releases the right flipper because we can knock on the playfield and that does not release the flipper from the hold.
2. We used a multimeter to check transistors in the Fliptronics board and they have consistent readings.

I'm wondering why the left flipper will release the right one from a hold. What is common between the two flippers to make it do that?
Thanks

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from Mpluff:

I'm wondering why the left flipper will release the right one from a hold. What is common between the two flippers to make it do that?

Something mechanical is binding the sticking one and vibration from the other shakes it loose.

#13 6 years ago

I really don't thinks it's a vibration. We can knock on the PF and it does NOT release. But as soon as you flip the left flipper, it releases.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from Mpluff:

I really don't thinks it's a vibration. We can knock on the PF and it does NOT release. But as soon as you flip the left flipper, it releases.

From my first post in your thread : Next time it sticks up turn the game off. If it stays up it's a mechanical issue, if it drops it's electrical.

#15 6 years ago

Yes, it drops when the game is turned off, it drops sometimes on its own when playing and it drops every time the left flipper is flipped. So where to start with the electrical issue? Could there be something electrical that the right and left flipper share that when the left is flipped it releases the right?

#16 6 years ago
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taf-lower-right-flipper-hold and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.