(Topic ID: 203276)

TAF left outlane wire forms sink

By Goner

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

The wire forms at the left outlane slowly sink as they get hit by the ball until they are just on top of the playfield. They can be pulled back up, but slowly sink back down. Noticed that they go through the playfield and are flush to the bottom of the playfield when they are all the way up on top of the playfield. Did not see the ends of the right wire form on the bottom of the playfield. How were they originally installed? Do I just drive a couple of screws under the ends to keep the wire forms from sinking? Any suggestions?

#2 6 years ago

If the hole for them goes the whole way through the playfield, you can use a small screw from underneath to hold in place.

If no hole the whole way through. I'd carefully remove the wireform. Put some 5 minute epoxy in the hole. Stick the wireform back in.

LTG : )

#3 6 years ago

I like the screw from the bottom idea! Almost worth drilling it through to do that! Epoxy is a no no to me- its a guaranteed fix an operator would love but later on you risk destroying a bunch of playfield if you have to pull them up (restore etc) and the epoxy holds the top bit of ply better than the bottom bit- you will delaminate a small section and be stuck with a repair you dont want to make (not gonna be a big deal but possible).

Just my 2c

#4 6 years ago

If hole does not go all the way through then break off a small part of wood skewer and put it in the hole to prevent wire frm dropping.

#5 6 years ago

I've rectified this before by setting it where I want it (where the metal is flush with underside of the playfield) and then putting a small dab of kwikwood over each hole on the underside of the playfield. Kwikwood will dry as hard as the real wood and cover the hole up so it won't slide down further. One I did it on over a year and half ago has been on location with over 10,000 plays and hasn't sunk at all since.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taf-left-outlane-wire-forms-sink and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.