Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by bobnatlanta
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

AF4F3788-20BB-4B7F-B14A-98B10E40D34B (resized).jpeg

#1 4 days ago

Finishing a PF swap. Among other things, I replaced the left flipper assembly. Everything is working except Thing - I'm working on the OPTO board - and the flippers. In flipper coil test, everything works except the left flipper. When I run Left Flipper power, everything goes black for a second and the game reboots. I'm guessing I've rewired it incorrectly. All fuses test good out of circuit, and as everything else works, I'm confident I've got everything connected properly. Can someone send me a pic of the left flipper wiring?

Thanks!!

#2 4 days ago

https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=21&picno=10152 This picture should help. Left to right orange, blue, grey.

Be sure diodes are facing the right direction.

LTG : )

#3 3 days ago

Thanks, Loyd!! Rewired and flippers are working in test. However, they still do not work during game play. Any ideas appreciated!!

#4 3 days ago
Quoted from bobnatlanta:

However, they still do not work during game play. Any ideas appreciated!!

I'd reseat ribbon cable from CPU to Fliptronics board next.

After that, you got me stumped. Then either signal from cpu to fliptronics board, or fliptronics board has an issue.

LTG : )

#5 2 days ago

Well, I managed to make things much worse. I’d pulled Thing out to clean the Optos and reflow the opto solder joints. Thing cover sitting in the bottom of the cab. When I reseated the ribbon cables and tried to test the flippers, the line fuse blew on power up. I’m assuming the thing cover shorted against something, because removing the box and replacing the fuse got the machine to power up. However the ‘good boot’ tone and cpu LEDs are inconsistent and the DMD is scrambled.
Crap.
Next steps on isolating the culprit(s) are greatly appreciated!

#6 2 days ago

Whew...looks like I dodged a major bullet. I isolated the CPU, which booted fine. Boots fine with everything else but the DMD controller connected. Check out the F602 fuse.

It actually tests OK out of circuit, but I think I’ll replace it anyway, assuming I can find a 3/8 amp fuse around here somewhere. Worst case, hopefully, new dmd controller.

AF4F3788-20BB-4B7F-B14A-98B10E40D34B (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 999.00
$ 57.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Hardware
CPR Playfields
$ 16.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 66.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 25.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 15.00
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
€ 3.70
$ 25.00
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Trabuco Canyon, CA
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 53.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside