Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by MK6PIN
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

First thought it was a loose remote battery holder, as it played fine, but did a reset on startup occasionally.Tonight, it started resetting with the game powered on. RAM? I've wanted to put in NVRAM in there for awhile anyway.Or deeper board issues? Thanks guys....

#2 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

First thought it was a loose remote battery holder, as it played fine, but did a reset on startup occasionally.Tonight, it started resetting with the game powered on. RAM? I've wanted to put in NVRAM in there for awhile anyway.Or deeper board issues? Thanks guys....

Common wpc reset issue.... low 5v on cpu more than likely

#4 7 years ago

Id check the 5v on cpu first off..

#5 7 years ago

Start by reseating J101 on the power driver board a few times. Do it with the game turned off !

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Start by reseating J101 on the power driver board a few times. Do it with the game turned off !

If that didn't help, then try J114 (driver board) and J210 (MPU).

#7 7 years ago

Awesome guys...a place to start without spending money!!!!! I'll give it a go shortly....thank you !!!

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Awesome guys...a place to start without spending money!!!!! I'll give it a go shortly....thank you !!!

If that does help, it will be temporary. It's just identifying that the headers and connectors are bad and will need to be replaced. If it starts resetting soon, then you're on to some next level things outlined in Pinwiki under the section on resets.

#9 7 years ago

If you have several WPC games, I recommend buying st least one of Rob Kahr's reset daughter boards. They can help you continue playing the game while you're diagnosing the main problem. They work by stealing voltage from the 12V line to make up for the difference in the 5, but they work great.

You should get the main problem fixed on the original board, but it keeps you from being dead in the water.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

If that didn't help, then try J114 (driver board) and J210 (MPU).

Hooray!!! Reseated them all, and game behaving fine....I actually replaced all my connectors w Molex plugs on my WCS, as I was running down a bug....looks like my TAF is demanding the same attention now ( I think it's because it saw me bring BM66LE into the house, so it's pissed at me) She's been my old reliable, after substantial initial work almost 5 years ago.

Guess it is time to give her some attention....she was my first, and never leaving, so entitled to flare up at me...

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Hooray!!! Reseated them all, and game behaving fine....I actually replaced all my connectors w Molex plugs on my WCS, as I was running down a bug....looks like my TAF is demanding the same attention now ( I think it's because it saw me bring BM66LE into the house, so it's pissed at me) She's been my old reliable, after substantial initial work almost 5 years ago.
Guess it is time to give her some attention....she was my first, and never leaving, so entitled to flare up at me...

Sometimes the connectors become a little tarnished and reseating is enough. If it comes back though then as said above you will need to start thinking about new connectors.

I owned my I500 for years. When I first got it it started to reset. A few reseats of J101 and it never did it again.

#12 7 years ago

Sadly, it just acted up again. Think I'll try putting connectors on tomorrow ( beneficial regardless) then move from there

J101, J114, and J210 will be my targets ( have to Lunt how many connectors I've got.....)

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Sadly, it just acted up again. Think I'll try putting connectors on tomorrow ( beneficial regardless) then move from there
J101, J114, and J210 will be my targets ( have to Lunt how many connectors I've got.....)

Update....new molex put on J101....peace in TAF land.....thanks guys.....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 180.00
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taf-has-started-resting-itself and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.