Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Coyote
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    image (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mmr61184.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Is it true that the Gold Edition playfields don’t have the diamond pating protection text on the bottom where uncle festers head is. I read somewhere that since these were made by a different one of the playfield makers than the regular production run. Just checking on something.

#3 5 years ago

Ok cool thanks for confirming

#5 5 years ago

No I didn’t mean the CPR gold I meant the actual Bally playfields that were made for the gold edition of the pinball machine

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Just checked my game. No diamond plate logo on it.
    LTG : )

Thank you sir

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pbpins:

Look at it under black light to see if the serial numbers match too!

It’s actually a NOS playfield that is not in a game that i am looking to buy from somebody. Guy is very reputable but was doing my homework It’s a good thing I checked becuase I would have gotten scared off not seeing that.

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pbpins:

Ok then would not any serial # under black light but check the edge to make sure it is stamped something what is pictured on my game and if your deal on the playfield falls through, my TAFG is for sale!

I do have a friend looking for one how much are you selling it for and what kind of shape is it in.

#12 5 years ago

LTG or anybody else do you know if the gold playfields didn’t include the barcodes too

#13 5 years ago

Here are some pics the seller sent me the missing barcode and the stamp is throwing me off but I didnt think illinois pinball made reruns in 1997. He said a very reputable restorer told him it was original. Thoughts guys

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

Nah, that's original.
    Or else someone went through a LOT OF TROUBLE to reproduce the dot-matrix printing on the side of the playfield.
    Likely that was a run of part fields for Service & Parts after TAFG's were released.

Have you ever seen one without the barcode before?

#16 5 years ago

The other thing throwing me off is it’s a Lenc Smith which was known for its blue grey mansion accents not purple

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

Yeah - all replacement playfields sold through parts did not have a barcode. They were replacements.

No, it's not an LS. It says right there on the side - Weber. It's a Weber playfield.

I thought weber was the plywood supplier, the initials next to the part number near the arch indicate LS at least thats what i thought

#22 5 years ago

Thank you all for the help I am going to go take a look at it in person this week.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mmr61184.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taf-gold-playfield-question?tu=mmr61184 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.