Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by rtgran
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Accidentally broke the 555 lamp socket on the electric chair of my TAF - easiest fix would be to buy the bracket with sockets and electrical in one assembly but apparently that is no longer available - bought the bracket by itself and 555 bases - the metal base of the sockets were too large for the holes in the bracket but I think I hand solved that with a dremel tool - the main problem now is that I am trying to use a small bolt (as small as I can find) to attack the sockets to the bracket but it won't let the chair slide onto the bracket - not sure is am too good at riveting which the old one is - if I can get it to fit in the chair then I should be able to solder the wires in and be all set - anyone have any experience with this? - or better yet does anyone know of any source that still may have the bracket attached with the sockets and wires already? Thx for the help

Rick

#2 10 years ago

Rick, have you checked Pinball Parts in Australia? They've had some things I've only found there. Also, you can likely get away with a hand rivet tool for those lights on the chair. They're pretty cheap and for just holding lights on, should be acceptable.

I have a rivet press but haven't used it but a few times testing or I'd offer to have you send it to me. Maybe there's some others here that would offer to do the same.

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Rick, have you checked Pinball Parts in Australia? They've had some things I've only found there. Also, you can likely get away with a hand rivet tool for those lights on the chair. They're pretty cheap and for just holding lights on, should be acceptable.

I'll second that. The rivet for those lights are not seen so it would not take away from the looks of the game

#4 10 years ago

Appreciate it guys - actually figured out that riveting wasn't that hard and bought a tool today and got it done - red led 555 still doesn't stay in well (which is what got me into this initially - broke the first one because I thought it had just gotten a little loose and was trying to pinch it together with pliers) - looked at the pinball bulbs 555 lights and the base is not quite as long as the incandescents and that side of the chair takes a beating - may try a cointaker bulb and if the same just go back to the incandescents on the chair

#5 10 years ago

I had some LED’s in the chair and they didn’t like to stay in as well as the incandescent with condoms nor looked as good as them so left them incandescent. I’d try an led in there and see how they work for you. Someone on a post of mine suggested putting the lights in the scoop which sounds great but haven’t gotten to give that a try yet.

#6 10 years ago

I highly recommend this mod and remove the side bulbs before they fall out or break from a flying ball.

http://www.leesparts.com/products/addams-chair-light.html

#7 10 years ago

I actually do have the lights in the scoop as well as most other mods from lees parts as well - they all look great - will prob go back to the incandescants on the chair as I do like the lights as well - thx for all the responses guys

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,159.00
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 159.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taf-electric-chair-assembly and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.