Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

damaged TZ 3 (resized).JPG
damaged TZ 1 (resized).JPG
Karbachtoberfest.jpg
calltheambulance (resized).jpg
image (resized).png
There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 7 years ago
Quoted from HoneyBadger:

Thanks johnwarjr...I tried contacting her last month but she never returned my vm

Michelle sort of pioneered the 'high value' division of NAVL back in the day. NAVL was really about shipping pallets of stuff and moving entire homes. And people needed a way to ship their high value arcade games and equipment. She built the division, and changed jobs for whatever reason. Not sure if NAVL wasn't giving her a fair cut or what, but she left and changed employers.

Now she's back at Beltmann/STI again. She's always done an excellent job for me, regardless of what 'company' she worked for.

#52 7 years ago

"Pinball leg damaged by STI" is a lot more accurate than "TAF damaged by sti"

If you really want to "help people" you should be more accurate. For Someone wondering about shipping with STI that distinction would be pretty important.

Also you keep saying "what if the legs were powder coated?!!!!!!"

The answer is "well, you would have had a bent powder coated leg." Still not a big deal and something easily fixed.

I think some of the pushback on this thread is that it just doesn't bring any new shit to light and that the title is a little dramatic considering how minor the "damage" is. there are countless stories of games getting damaged far worse than that either shipped with the legs on or off. Shipping has risks. We all know this already.

#53 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

"STI damaged a leg" is a lot more accurate than "STI damaged my TAF"
If you really want to "help people" you should be more accurate. For Someone wondering about shipping with STI that distinction would be pretty important.

Damage of any kind is still damage.

#54 7 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

Damage of any kind is still damage.

Were you thinking "bent leg" when you opened this thread?

I was hoping for something a little more exciting.

#55 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Were you thinking "bent leg" when you opened this thread?
I was hoping for something a little more exciting.

No i was thinking STI damaged another machine.

#56 7 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

No i was thinking STI damaged another machine.

Well you probably pretty disappointed.

It was a bent leg. The machine is fine. I mean, who even posts about something like that?

#57 7 years ago

Having shipped through STI before I worry about damage. At least TAF is a common game and the parts are easy to find.If it were a capcom you would be SOL as those legs are nla.

Really makes me wonder about possibly shipping a mystery castle though. What do you do if they stab it with a forklift? There is no repairing it.

#58 7 years ago
Quoted from dung:

What do you do if they stab it with a forklift? There is no repairing it.

The conventional wisdom is that the best way to avoid forklift damage is to ship the game on its legs.

#59 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Well you probably pretty disappointed.
It was a bent leg. I mean, who even posts about something like that?

Lol, come on crazy levi!!! Give it a rest man! If you didn't like the post, why not just turn the page and move on??? Your opinion will not keep me from posting what I what to post. Its very simple, if you don't like it, just press the "back" button on your computer and move on to more interesting posts!

Damage is damage no matter how you slice it.

#60 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The conventional wisdom is that the best way to avoid forklift damage is to ship the game on its legs.

And then risk it being bent/tearing the cab apart. Same still applies.

#61 7 years ago

Crazylevi must have stock in STI.

#62 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Lol, come on crazy levi!!! Give it a rest man! If you didn't like the post, why not just turn the page and move on??? Your opinion will not keep me from posting what I what to post. Its very simple, if you don't like it, just press the "back" button on your computer and move on to more interesting posts!
Damage is damage no matter how you slice it.

You now have about 8 posts saying this exact same thing. Maybe you should give it a rest.

This is how it works on pinside: you post something, and other people respond to it. That's the whole purpose of this place.

If you don't want responses you shouldn't post.

#63 7 years ago

This is not about a bent leg!!!!!!!! This is about helping others make a decision in the future!

#64 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You now have about 8 posts saying this exact same thing. Maybe you should give it a rest.
This is how it works on pinside: you post something, and other people respond to it. That's the whole purpose of this place.
If you don't want responses you shouldn't post.

Yeah, I welcome responses, but you seem pretty upset and keep posting more and more. Do you work for STI?

#65 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

This is not about a bent leg!!!!!!!! This is about helping others make a decision in the future!

I understand!!!!!!!! But the responses are all about the same thing, it's not like anybody is out to get you!!!!!!!! By pointing out our experiences, and that your "damage" isn't that big a deal, others in this thread are trying to help people make an educated decision!!!!!!!

That's all we are trying to do here, you shouldn't take it personally!!!!!!!!!!

And yes, I work for sti obviously. Everybody knows that!!!!!!!!!!

#67 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I understand!!!!!!!! But the responses are all about the same thing, it's not like anybody is out to get you!!!!!!!! By pointing out our experiences, and that your "damage" isn't that big a deal, others in this thread are trying to help people make an educated decision!!!!!!!
That's all we are trying to do here, you shouldn't take it personally!!!!!!!!!!
And yes, I work for sti obviously. Everybody knows that!!!!!!!!!!

Lol! You just made my day CrazyLevi!

But seriously, just picture this: A new guy to pinball buys a machine. The machine arrives with a bent leg. Now what does he do??? Now he has to support the machine somehow and order a new set of legs. That takes time. At least this thread will help prepare him or her and have a few spare legs just in case this happens.

#68 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Conventional wisdom is put it in a forklift proof crate if your primary concern is avoiding forklift damage.

If you're cheap and want to decrease your chances of forklift damage a little, ship it on legs.

#69 7 years ago

I had a machine sent to me on a pallet once. The seller forgot to include the legs. Now, what did I do??? I called the seller and he sent me the legs. Never ship a pinball machine on a pallet, the shipper might forget the legs. I'd rather have bent legs than no legs. Also, I'm going to order two sets of spare legs, just in case.

Quoted from KornFreak28:

But seriously, just picture this: A new guy to pinball buys a machine. The machine arrives with a bent leg. Now what does he do??? Now he has to support the machine somehow and order a new set of legs. That takes time. At least this thread will help prepare him or her and have a few spare legs just in case this happens.

#70 7 years ago

STI bent a leg on my SS. Luckily all else was OK.
Driving 1200 miles round trip for my next pin.

#71 7 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I had a machine sent to me on a pallet once. The seller forgot to include the legs. Now, what did I do??? I called the seller and he sent me the legs. Never ship a pinball machine on a pallet, the shipper might forget the legs. I'd rather have bent legs than no legs. Also, I'm going to order two sets of spare legs, just in case.

Easy to say if you are buying williams/stern/jjp. Got something uncommon? You just wrecked a pair of legs that might take you ages to find.

#72 7 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Easy to say if you are buying williams/stern/jjp. Got something uncommon? You just wrecked a pair of legs that might take you ages to find.

GamePlan, Allied Leisure, Capcom, Atari, Viza, Zaccaria...

#73 7 years ago

KornFreak,
Have you already removed the bent leg and inspected that corner of the cabinet for damage?
Any other damage to main cabinet or backbox?

#74 7 years ago

This is how my TZ that WAS in excellent condition arrived a couple weeks ago via STI. Leg bent to the left and dug into the cabinet. This made all four legs damage the newly applied decals due to the shifting.

damaged TZ 1 (resized).JPGdamaged TZ 1 (resized).JPG

damaged TZ 3 (resized).JPGdamaged TZ 3 (resized).JPG

#75 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

KornFreak,
Have you already removed the bent leg and inspected that corner of the cabinet for damage?
Any other damage to main cabinet or backbox?

It's not at his house. It's at mine and there appears to be no damage to the cabinet whatsoever.

I will say, had the machine not been strapped to the side of the truck when this happened, I might have sent some really ugly pics to Kornfreak, showing what happens when you tip a game over on it's side.

#76 7 years ago
Quoted from rogerroger:

This is how my TZ that WAS in excellent condition arrived a couple weeks ago via STI. Leg bent to the left and dug into the cabinet. This made all four legs damage the newly applied decals due to the shifting.

I will say, the nicer the game is, the more apt I would be to ship it on a pallet, fully wrapped and strapped. Kornfreak is just trying to show what can happen when shipped on legs.

#77 7 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I will say, the nicer the game is, the more apt I would be to ship it on a pallet, fully wrapped and strapped. Kornfreak is just trying to show what can happen when shipped on legs.

Exactly. Thanks Bryan!

#78 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Exactly. Thanks Bryan!

I'll add it to your bill.

#80 7 years ago

Call me crazy, but I will make the drive, no matter the distance, to retrieve my pins.
I actually just drove 800 miles and all the way up into Pikes Peak National Forest to grab the last two. It was a long,long day, but it gives me a sense of peace to know I am doing the loading and the hauling instead of Stoney Tony on the loading dock. If he is having a bad day, so is your pin.
Sorry about your bent leg my friend, but I am glad that was all that was damaged.

#81 7 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I'll add it to your bill.

Yep

#82 7 years ago
Quoted from Wyopinball:

Call me crazy, but I will make the drive, no matter the distance, to retrieve my pins.
I actually just drove 800 miles and all the way up into Pikes Peak National Forest to grab the last two. It was a long,long day, but it gives me a sense of peace to know I am doing the loading and the hauling instead of Stoney Tony on the loading dock. If he is having a bad day, so is your pin.
Sorry about your bent leg my friend, but I am glad that was all that was damaged.

That is not crazy at all! More power to you!

#83 7 years ago
Quoted from rogerroger:

Some people will just call that leg damage, put another leg on it . What they dont see is the inside of cabinet corner damage, corner bolt plate board ripped to shreds.

#84 7 years ago

I am not criticizing, only trying to provide information for other readers.

Please protect your pinball purchases in your future. I hate to see this happen, as I have seen this before for decades.

Pinball machines by design are directed to be shipped upright folded, shrinkwrapped, padded, boxed, and strapped to a pallet. No different than the factory, regardless of the age of the game.

Not with the legs on and backbox folded/upright.

The only reason pinball games are relocated by this method are local delivery or route relocation.

You are fortunate STI did not put a forklift THROUGH the cabinet.

#85 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Bent leg. Never shipping with legs on anymore.

I say if STI claims it wasn't their fault...then they don't have a leg to stand on.

#86 7 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I say if STI claims it wasn't their fault...then they don't have a leg to stand on.

BOOOOOOOOO

#87 7 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Conventional wisdom is put it in a forklift proof crate if your primary concern is avoiding forklift damage.
If you're cheap and want to decrease your chances of forklift damage a little, ship it on legs.

Please describe this "forklift proof crate". I had an arcade machine shipped to me years ago strapped to a pallet And crated in 3/4" plywood. It arrived speared thru the side by a forklift. Luckily it was thru Michelle at North American and I got my money back after making an insurance claim. I hate to agree with Levi but with the legs on is the better way.

#88 7 years ago

The only forklift proof crate is called a metal shipping "vault". This is not a container.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,159.00
$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 29.95
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taf-damaged-by-sti/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.