Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by PSPA
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

If you live in Canada and you are waiting in line for a reproduction playfield from CPR, will the current or potentially worse CDN dollar value cause you to second think or let the purchase slide ?

I've heard that the exchange might slide to .60ish within the next year - yikes !

Gotta sell some extra / unneeded toys to prepare I guess . . .

#2 8 years ago

It's too bad they didn't get the playfield made in the timely manner they were projecting (back when the CDN dollar was stronger). The quoted 4 months has turned into 14 already. But if there's anything I've learned since joining pinside, that's pinball!

#3 8 years ago

I agree, but don't get me wrong I don't have anything negative to say about CPR - it is what it is . . .

. . . as long as it's still worth what I pay for it ( if the CDN ever goes back to par ).

Will this playfield go up in value after time ?

Quoted from PinZig:

It's too bad they didn't get the playfield made in the timely manner they were projecting (back when the CDN dollar was stronger). The quoted 4 months has turned into 14 already. But if there's anything I've learned since joining pinside, that's pinball!

#4 8 years ago

They did sell out fast, and CPR closed down the leftover list pretty quickly. I'm just glad I got in when I did.
Value (beauty) is in the eye of the beholder. To me it's a chance to increase the beauty of my TAF where it's slated to end up. It's a permanent part of the lineup, so I guess I can wait.

Kudos to CPR for giving us the opportunity. Now let's get that line rolling!

#5 8 years ago

still waiting on inserts, I can wait a long time !

Quoted from PinZig:

They did sell out fast, and CPR closed down the leftover list pretty quickly. I'm just glad I got in when I did.
Value (beauty) is in the eye of the beholder. To me it's a chance to increase the beauty of my TAF where it's slated to end up. It's a permanent part of the lineup, so I guess I can wait.
Kudos to CPR for giving us the opportunity. Now let's get that line rolling!

#6 8 years ago

I have one coming as well,but I am restoring mine already with a NOS populated play field now.
I guess it will go in the closet with the TOTAN play field.

Sure is a long wait,not nearly as long for TAF I hope.

#7 8 years ago

I saw that thread a while ago with your NOS TAF 'field, VERY great scoop on that, love those NOS parts whether it's 60's Camaros or great pins !

Quoted from pingod:

I have one coming as well,but I am restoring mine already with a NOS populated play field now.
I guess it will go in the closet with the TOTAN play field.
Sure is a long wait,not nearly as long for TAF I hope.

1 week later
#8 8 years ago

the Aussie dollar is worse at the moment too

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taf-cpr-playfield-vs-usd-exchange-rate and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.