• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMAG0143.jpg
IMAG0142.jpg

#1 11 years ago

Hello, new to the forum and was hoping to get a little help from the guru's. The cloud topper on my TAF has never worked and I can't seem to locate the schematics for it. Does anyone happen to know the proper way to wire up the topper? Thanks in advance for any help you guys can provide and a big thumbs up to the site itself.

#2 11 years ago

There are three flashes in the topper. Are they not present or is the wiring to them not there? If this is all present, not to sound too basic, but I assume you have changed the bulbs. Are any other flashers not working?

Report on this, and we can advise more specifically.

#3 11 years ago

Everything is there in the topper, but the wires are just hanging in the backbox not hooked up to anything. I'm assuming that the wires coming through the holes into the backbox are not original since they are just twisted and black taped. I just want to make sure the bulbs get hooked up to the correct voltages. Also to make sure that i get the lightning effect during multiball. Thanks, any further info needed just ask.

#4 11 years ago

Someone disconnected the wires from the flashers and there are another set of wires into the topper, is that correct? Is there another light in there as well, or do they lead to nothing?

People have added another light, such as a blue or red mod to the topper that is on all the time, and then the flashers create a different effect when activated, or a dif colour if led'd.

As for the wires to the flashers, there should be only two from the driver board, and the others should be daisy chained to the first one the driver board wires connect to.

#5 11 years ago

The three flasher bulbs in the topper are daisy chained, it's the wires that go to the driver board that are disconnected and just hanging in the backbox. So my question is where on the driver board do you connect the two wires coming from the flashers in the topper.

#6 11 years ago

Hopefully your wires are still color coded, just looked on my machine and it mine go
Blue/black wire to J125 pin# 7, and red/white wire to J106 pin #5. Both wires are the only ones being used in each connector. Hope that helps

#7 11 years ago

These might help

IMAG0142.jpgIMAG0142.jpg IMAG0143.jpgIMAG0143.jpg

#8 11 years ago

thanks homer, will check it out when i get home. Thanks for the pics.
Will let you know how it goes.

#9 11 years ago

Got everything hooked up like your homer, lighting effect now works great. Thanks for the info and the pics. Do you happen to have the additional light install in the topper? There is one in mine, it was just jumpered to the 12vdc test point on the driver board. It works, but would prefer to wire it correctly if there is some specific spot it should be connected at.

2 weeks later
#10 11 years ago

Sorry it took so long for be to get back, I've had some issues of my own (blown u20 on my cpu). But i don't have any additional lights on my topper, just the basic three lights.

1 month later
#11 11 years ago

Homerchey, older thread but wanted to say thanks for posting those pics. I made a silly mistake when repairing a connector and looking at this thread saved me a lot of time.

5 months later
#12 10 years ago

You bet, glad i could help. I'm pretty new to this myself and nothing beats a good picture

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball
Various other swag
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 159.00
Cabinet Parts
Pinball Haus
Cabinet parts
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
16,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 180.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement
Cabinet parts
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball
Other
$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Led
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taf-cloud-topper-wiring and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.