You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

201507_TAF-bookcase.jpg
IMG_5213.JPG
image.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Just starting having problems with the TAF bookcase - has been working great but now the front end is low and ball traps against the playfield - in looking at it it looks like it is no longer level and seems wobbly - figured out you can adjust the height but it adjusts the whole thing, so if i bring the front level the back is too high - figured maybe a flange or something broke off and i just need to get a new one? or maybe there was a shim that came out?

any help would be appreciated

rick

#2 9 years ago

If you have your manual 2-31 has a good exploded view of the assembly. Might be your gland bolts have loosened.
http://www.arcade-museum.com/manuals/manuals_pinball.php Link to manuals if you don't have one.

#3 9 years ago

Look at my post last month on the forum....
TAF: bookcase assembly adjustment / resolved
May just be the same thing.

#4 9 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg
Maybe this will help

#5 9 years ago

Ok so check part # 42 is tight under the playfield with no space between it and the washer / shaft and not missing or in your cabinet.
Also verify that part # 38 is also tight.
These two screws tighten everything and are opposing screws and keep everything in between nice and snug.
Screw # 38 is internal of the bookcase . To access #38 remove two screws on top of bookcase. When I opened mine it had completely backed out and was laying inside top of bookcase .
Once you have both screws #42 and #38 nice and tight you can unscrew part #37 with your fingers, just back it off a quarter inch or so which will now allow you to adjust the height of the bookcase assembly by turning part # 33 right for up and left for down , you may have to do it a couple times before you get it just right, but each time you adjust height you will need to retighten #37 to hold in place. Once you have the correct position just give #37 a good hard finger tight turn .
Hope that makes sense,

// Error: Image 279290 not found //

#6 9 years ago

appreciate it guys - adjusted the height already by loosening 37 and turning screw but doesn't balance it - will try the other screw tonight - thanks for the prompt replies

#7 9 years ago

There also should be some shims (if needed) that go under the brackets that mount the bookcase. Maybe a screw pulled out or loosened enough and dropped the shim out?

Kinda hard to see but shim is under the one screw here on mine:

Bookcase shimBookcase shim

#8 9 years ago

You need to use one or more shims to get the bookcase disc level with the rest of the playfield (in the down position of course) and then use the central screw to make it even with the playfield.

Shim - bookcase
#01-10759

Bally ADDAMS FAMILY and ADDAMS FAMILY GOLD bookcase metal shim.

Reference:
01-10759

Weight: 0.19 oz

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-10759

RussMyers

10 months later
#9 8 years ago

So what are the proper steps to leveling the bookcase, and then setting the correct height?

I was able to:

1. tighten up 38+42
2. loosen 37 and tighten 33
3. the result is the blue plastic is poorly pitched by about 5°. Correct on the downslope side, and incorrect on the backbox side.

-mof

201507_TAF-bookcase.jpg201507_TAF-bookcase.jpg

#10 8 years ago

See the prior post. You need the shims to get the bookcase base parallel with the play field then adjust the height.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from leesparts:

See the prior post. You need the shims to get the bookcase base parallel with the play field then adjust the height.

So is it:

1. Set level and pitch via: shims only
2. adjust 37 and 33 to get the height adjusted correctly

-mof

#12 8 years ago

Came out GREAT !
TY for the suggestions.
I removed a shim, and added a few shims of my own, and got it nearly perfectly level, and tightened it all up. Plays better than I've seen in the last 3 years (the bookcase was ALWAYS loose)
-mof

1 year later
#13 6 years ago

@golfingdad1...I got my first TAF last week and your advice on the bookcase fixed my only problem with the machine. Just wanted to say thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,159.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 29.95

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taf-bookcase and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.