Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by Parzival
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2051 (resized).jpg
IMG_2052 (resized).jpg
IMG_2053 (resized).jpg
IMG_2050 (resized).jpg

#1 8 months ago

Had my TAF all set, but the left upper flipper was way too strong. Swapped out the coil with the lower right flipper, then started blowing fuses. Swapped them back, and same thing is happening still.

I have a new rottendog power board as pictured. The flipper assembly pictures are how they were originally (when they worked) and now are (after I swapped them back and they still are blowing fuses).

Blue coil is upper left flipper (way overpowered, but initially worked). Yellow is lower right (initially worked as well)

IMG_2050 (resized).jpgIMG_2051 (resized).jpgIMG_2052 (resized).jpgIMG_2053 (resized).jpg
#2 8 months ago

Did you get the wires back in the right spots ? If not you may have hurt diodes on coils and drive transistor.

LTG : )

#3 8 months ago

Difficult to see the wire-colors on the yellow coil but quite sure it is wrong connected. ( ORN-GRN on COMMON and BLU-YEL on HOLD ?)
If so, likely blown diode(s) on coil and transistor(s) on fliptronic

#4 8 months ago

I took pictures before I changed them, and the wires appear to be right (or at least how they were before). I'm thinking the one coil (blue) possibly blew it's diodes, then the transistor when I initially changed it. Then when I swapped it back, it blew the transistor for the upper left as well.

I have some TIP102s on hand, so I may swap those out, and put in a new coil to replace the blue one.

If anyone has conflicting pictures of my coil wiring, that would be greatly appreciated to see!

#5 8 months ago

Look at your first pic. The black and orange grey wire are extremely close and exposed. I'm guessing they touched.

#6 8 months ago
Quoted from Parzival:

If anyone has conflicting pictures of my coil wiring, that would be greatly appreciated to see!

Yes, In your manual on page 3-10

#7 8 months ago

Yeah, I'm an idiot. Coil was put in reversed, so my wiring (even though it appeared correct up going down) was reversed as well. Took pictures before, just wasn't smart enough to follow them. Gotta learn somehow I guess

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Lee's Summit, MO
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 28.00
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 109.99
$ 16.00
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Toms River, NJ
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside