Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by robertmee
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Game is working 100% other than this issue. Recently completed PF swap, including changing out the lower left flipper assembly. The flipper works fine until I hold it. After 5-6 seconds, the flipper dies, F101 is blown. I’ve verified that it’s the correct coil and is properly wired. What else do I need to be checking?

Thanks!!

#2 5 years ago

Fliptronics issue perhaps or a bad coil diode. TAF had the fliptronics I board and would do some funny things if a coil diode was bad. I'd start with checking the diodes. Then test the transistors on the Fliptronics board to see if any are shorted. Check the EOS switches as well, but not sure if they switch the coil power on a TAF...the fliptronics I was only pertinent to TAF I believe so not as familiar.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from bobnatlanta:

I’ve verified that it’s the correct coil and is properly wired. What else do I need to be checking?

I would double check that coil wiring, especially if it was working prior to the playfield swap. If you know for a fact its wired correctly, you can always do a comparison check for both the primary and secondary windings of the LL and LR coils and see whats different ... the measurements differences between these two coils will guide you to the solution.

#4 5 years ago

I'd dismissed the diodes because the whole assembly is new, but it's certainly possible the coil diodes are bad anyway. I will check that out. And I know the wiring is correct, thanks!

#5 5 years ago

Replaced the coil diodes this morning, and the flipper is fully functional. Thanks!!

#6 5 years ago

Great to hear!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 1,159.00
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taf-blowing-f101-on-left-flipper-hold and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.