Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Things_Box_field_mod_2.jpg
Things_Box_field_mod.jpg
#1 8 years ago

im trying to help a friend with his TAF. His machine keeps missing balls and cant find them- he adds all the balls, then it kicks all 3 into the shooter lane. During game play, It only partly registers when a ball goes down the drain, it starts to play the music. The trough kicks the ball to the next position, But the game does not end ball in play- to start next ball in play. Im not familiar with taf, are there optos in ball trough? Im heading over there tomorrow and hope we can figure it out, i just want a heads up what to look for. thanks for any help

#2 8 years ago

Nope, just normal physical trough switches (3). I would check those first in test mode, along with the shooter lane switch.

#3 8 years ago

Test the switches with the pinballs and not your fingers. Take the apron off so you can move them around to the different positions in switch edge test. You may have to bend the switch actuators or reconnect a wire/diode underneath.

#4 8 years ago

thanks for the help, it ended up being the trough switch, gave it a bend and its now working. His ball sometimes get stuck in thing box, and we have to rock machine to get it to roll into kickout, any tips? i assume we just need to bend box around to get it to roll out smooth.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from Kahanaohana:

thanks for the help, it ended up being the trough switch, gave it a bend and its now working. His ball sometimes get stuck in thing box, and we have to rock machine to get it to roll into kickout, any tips? i assume we just need to bend box around to get it to roll out smooth.

I would clean the inside thoroughly before messing with bending the box personally. That part does accumulate a ton of gunk.

#6 8 years ago

They issued a bulletin on ball hangs in thing's box. Don't bend the box. You need to install another "floor" to the box that has more pitch.

Thing's Box field mod.jpgThing's Box field mod.jpg

#7 8 years ago

My thing box had a similar issue. It was caused by the screws pulling out from the playfield ever so slightly. I used bamboo skewer and glue and made new screw holes. Problem solved.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from cody_chunn:

They issued a bulletin on ball hangs in thing's box. Don't bend the box. You need to install another "floor" to the box that has more pitch.
Thing's Box field mod.jpg

do you know the link to bulletin? what do people use for floor? that makes sense, thanks

#9 8 years ago

Sorry, no link. I've seen thin plywood used as well as lexan or similar plastic sheeting. A piece of 1X1 for underneath. You might need to have a support along that back wall too, to kinda make a "V" shaped trough that feeds the exit hole. This second piece will be tri-angular in shape.

Thing's Box field mod 2.jpgThing's Box field mod 2.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 159.00
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 180.00
26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 1,159.00
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taf-ball-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.