Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by dmacy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

It seems a ball will get stuck in the swamp, usually it will kick it out, but not always, it will start firing the playfied solenoids looking for a ball. It will fire the solenoid on the Thing eject hole usually first then the Thing hand will come out and try to find a ball in the ball eject hole. Sometimes when two balls are in the swamp, it will get really confused. Sometimes a ball will not get ejected into the shooter lane when a ball is locked in the swamp. After a short while it will start firing the solenoids looking for a ball. I have used the switch edge test and observed when a ball rolls into the swamp the switch sees the ball by verifying a closed switch. I'm trying to observe more of a pattern for this. I have been looking for switch issues for this. Any advice or help is appreciated.

#2 9 years ago

Check for loose wires on the kick up solenoid.

#3 9 years ago

Had a similar problem with mine. Turned out the balls in the trough were not moving forward when a ball was being placed in the shooter lane. The thing that loads the ball was not returning all of the way and holding the other balls up. Spent a lot of time looking for switch issues till I found the real problem.

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from garyh999:

It seems a ball will get stuck in the swamp, usually it will kick it out, but not always, it will start firing the playfied solenoids looking for a ball. It will fire the solenoid on the Thing eject hole usually first then the Thing hand will come out and try to find a ball in the ball eject hole. Sometimes when two balls are in the swamp, it will get really confused. Sometimes a ball will not get ejected into the shooter lane when a ball is locked in the swamp. After a short while it will start firing the solenoids looking for a ball. I have used the switch edge test and observed when a ball rolls into the swamp the switch sees the ball by verifying a closed switch. I'm trying to observe more of a pattern for this. I have been looking for switch issues for this. Any advice or help is appreciated.

I recently refurbished a swamp kickout, and I had found that one of the switches was loose. You might want to remove the swamp kickout, manually check the switch levels, listen to the clicks, and check the switch levels with the system tests. It's good to clean the whole system out, and perhaps swap out a new solenoid sleeve while you are in there as well.

You can see how filthy this one was was here, all that hidden grit is bad for the balls/PF.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-taf-swamp-kick-out-weak

Also -- you might want to drop a note in the TAF owners club looking for help (here).

-mof

#6 9 years ago

And to echo what others said, I had done a complete PF swap on my TAF back in October and I found one out of 100 balls were getting stuck but at first I thought I had a flaky switch. I put in new weldments and the one had some spot welds that needed filed down. When the ball would the spot just right it would hold it there as crazy as you'd think.

So not that you have that issue, but could be something physical so check the easy stuff. I do like Rlerman's easy fix too!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taf-ball-is-getting-lost-in-swamp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.