(Topic ID: 84854)

TAF - Any unobtainable parts? Common wear/issues?

By Capper96

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by SealClubber
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I am going to look at a TAF this weekend just had a few questions about it.

a) Are the plastics readily available for replacement? I know the slings are busted, are there any other plastics that are beat up?

b) Can someone explain and show a pic of what "magnet burn" is? I have seen darkened wood on the underside of TAFs before, but if it effects the art/mansion on the playfield i am not sure what it looks like.

c) Translites, are they reprinted and available or should I stay away if the translite is damaged.

d) I have heard that some TAF have mismatching cabinets and/or playfields, like the head is TAF and the bottom is TAF gold. Can someone verify? I believe the gold style playfields are actually not desired right?

thanks!

#2 5 years ago

Look above the magnets on top side or playfield for bubbling paint or burned paint/wood.

All cabinets after record breaking one rolled down the line have gold cabinets.

Search or price out Thing hand motor - that is the toughest.

LTG : )™

#3 5 years ago

look for wear on the mansion inserts, common problem.

#4 5 years ago

It would seem that new pfs and plastics are now hard to find? Post the most recent changes with IPB it would seem pfs will never be remade again? and it also seems the plastic sets are sold out everywhere?

#5 5 years ago

Also look for ball pulverization damage on the right inlane ball drop.

#6 5 years ago

I have not had to look for one, but I seem to remember a thread where a guy was having a hard time finding the long rod lane diverter on the ramp.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I have not had to look for one, but I seem to remember a thread where a guy was having a hard time finding the long rod lane diverter on the ramp.

can be found somewhere as I recently saw it. If not, that is easily made from scratch.

#9 5 years ago

If it has mag burn and the paint has not bubbled they do make a decal to cover the area and it looks pretty good.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It would seem that new pfs and plastics are now hard to find? Post the most recent changes with IPB it would seem pfs will never be remade again? and it also seems the plastic sets are sold out everywhere?

sets are, but bayareaamusements have a lot of the individual plastics, also marcos

#11 5 years ago

All the scoops, mansion inserts and right ramp ball drops are usually worn.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside