Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Kazak
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

My TAF just started adding players and tilting when ball drains down the middle. No other faults noticed. Any ideas?

#2 9 years ago

When you go into switch test and press the trough switch and ball switches, does it register the tilt and credit button as well? If so, you have some confusion in your switch matrix. Are no other switches causing double closures?

#3 9 years ago

Something amiss with your switch column #1. This column includes Start button, Tilt, Left trough switch, Center trough switch, Right trough switch and Outhole switch. Check wiring (green with brown stripe) on each switch (J201-1) along with the associated diode on each switch. Make sure there is nothing metal touching the lugs of those switches that shouldn't be touching. Could also be something wrong with U20 on the CPU, but that would be the last thing I'd look at until all the easy stuff is gone through.

2 weeks later
#4 9 years ago

#5 9 years ago

Re the fault. The "Light Thing Flips" drain switch on the left starts all the solenoids going off in turn like as if it was testing things. The switch at the very bottom, the out hole, adds a player and says the tilt warning "Careful". Does this info help anymore with a diagnosis?

#6 9 years ago

Have you done the previously suggested tests?

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from terryb:

Have you done the previously suggested tests?

How do I check the diodes? All wiring checks out OK visually. Thanks

#8 9 years ago

That sounds like crazy signal/logic stuff. I'd start by reseating all your ribbon cables in the backbox. Open it up and physically remove and reattach each cable, being careful to note that they're properly aligned upon reinstall.

#9 9 years ago

Diodes rarely fail, the most common issues are that work was done on the game and a diode was reversed or the diode lead is bent and touching ground. Other than that there's really no reason to check them at this point since it is a pain as one lead has to be desoldered.

Go into switch edge test and close the outhole switch and see if the tilt switch (and possibly others) also indicate closed. Do the same for the drain switch.

As miguel351 said reseating the ribbon cables wouldn't be a bad idea.

#10 9 years ago

You guys are champs. I found the problem. Switch 58 had taken a couple of airballs it seems, and two of the contacts had been hit together. Seperated them and all is well. Thanks heaps for your help. I'm slowly getting better at this.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,159.00
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taf-adds-players-and-tilts-when-ball-drains-through-centre and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.