• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TAF4 (resized).JPG
#1 7 years ago

Hi all,
I have three lights staying on during game play- lite extra ball, raise the dead, and lite 2 bear kicks. Not sure where to start. These three don't have a common row or column in the matrix. Although they do form an "L" on the matrix if that means anything. During attract mode they function normally. Only stay on during game play. In single lamp test they only come on when they're supposed to. Any guidance would be appreciated! Thanks.

#2 7 years ago

That's probably a blown transistor on the driver board.

#3 7 years ago

In single lamp test, do other lamps come on when they are on in test? If so, what ones? I would suspect a shorted diode on a socket or a diode bent and touching some metal. A bad transistor would take out an entire row or column, not just a single bulb.

#4 7 years ago

In single lamp test mode all the lights work appropriately, only on when they're supposed to be, off when they're not. I'm really stuck on this one. Thanks.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from Piniac:

In single lamp test mode all the lights work appropriately, only on when they're supposed to be, off when they're not. I'm really stuck on this one. Thanks.

I am gonna go with a diode issue. Start testing the diodes, and also looking for them touching against metal.

#6 7 years ago

TAF4 (resized).JPGTAF4 (resized).JPG

My guess is a bad diode at "Lite Extra Ball"

Not sure why it would work properly in attract mode though. Check the transistors as well.

#7 7 years ago

Thanks for the help,

I've tested three diodes, one at each lamp, and I've tested transistors Q88, Q89, Q94 and Q93 (TIP102 and TIP107 transistors). They all appeared to have passed the test. Any other ideas?
Thanks

#8 7 years ago

OK- So I don't think it is a lamp problem anymore. It's what ever tells the lamps turn on.

To explain-
I ran some balls around the field- the lite extra ball mode never initiates, but all other modes do. In other words, it's like the game starts and thinks that mode is completed, that's why the light is already lit. Same with the bear kick and thing flips- the game acknowledges that these switches are constantly active, that's why the lights are on. Furthermore, upon review the lights do go off when they're supposed to during game (when all playfield lights go out during thunder sound effect).

So now I need to know what's telling the game to have these features constantly on. Any guidance? Thanks!

#9 7 years ago

OK so I'm talking to myself here but, Just went through the menu, and changed EX Ball setting and now that light has gone out during gameplay=good. But not sure what setting is causing the bear kicks, thing flips, and now I've realized the lite adv x light is staying on also. So basically, all my inlanes are staying lit. Is there a setting for this somewhere? Can anyone point me to a place that describes all features in detail in the menu? There are several I've never understood....

Thanks!
Jason

#10 7 years ago

I can't seem to find a setting that keeps inlanes lit, and I checked the diode and transistors Q90 and Q92 associated with lite adv X just for fun since I didn't do that before. They seem to be working too.

#11 7 years ago

Since I really muddied the waters with the lite extra ball red herring, I'm going to start a new thread titled inlanes staying lit. Please respond here or there with help. Thank you.

#12 7 years ago

Inlanes are always lit.

#13 7 years ago

You have got to be kidding me.

#14 7 years ago

Thanks for the insight! Ha.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Inlanes are always lit.

Not always. Thing Flips goes out for certain ball modes, namely for multiball, if memory serves me well. Either way, I know I've seen it out before during some sort of mayhem.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Not always. Thing Flips goes out for certain ball modes, namely for multiball, if memory serves me well. Either way, I know I've seen it out before during some sort of mayhem.

Yeah, it does go out for multiballs, my mistake

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mesa, AZ
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 1,059.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Plantsville, CT
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
The Oc, CA
$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.