Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by kidfresh
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

After seeing Pat Lawlor talk about creating The Addams Family, the one thing that I keep coming back to is when he said that Williams was making a whopping 230 MACHINES A DAY! Full cabinets, fully tested, boxed for shipping. That number is incredible!!!

It really shows both how popular Addams was/is and how far the demand for pins has dropped in today's world.

#2 11 years ago

That is a pretty staggering number, wow! If they were getting 3k per machine that's $690,000 every day, that would be pretty amazing even today

#3 11 years ago

I wish with that many games out there it meant I could find a TAF for under 5K.

#4 11 years ago

I just sold a really nice one for 4600 today shopped out.

#5 11 years ago

Just sold mine for $3900 shopped and modded.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from eabundy:

I just sold a really nice one for 4600 today shopped out.

What else ya got these days?

**i actually thought the thread was gonna be about a TAF raking in $230 a day on location!

#7 11 years ago

They were not necessarily mega popular. In fact, so many were made because at the time a lot of 7-11 locations wanted pins.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

They were not necessarily mega popular. In fact, so many were made because at the time a lot of 7-11 locations wanted pins.

Sorry, they were popular, they were super mega ultra popular......actually. They were massive. I played nothing else at the time. It revolutionized pinball, and brought it back. Check out the price guide charts, other than the mid 70s, which was the height of all pinball, right after TAF’s release is the next highest point, and all after one single machine!

Single greatest creation ever.

#9 11 years ago

Second highest earning entertainment device in the history of entertainment! Second to... wait for it... Whack A Mole. LoL.

(Not really fair since Whack A Mole has been around FOREVER and most amusement parks have about 4,000 Whack A Mole machines. But hey.)

No matter how you slice it, Addams was a MEGA HIT like has never been seen before or since!

#10 11 years ago

Hmmm I thought Daytona would have been the highest earner.... But yes TAF is the GodFather of DMD pinball.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

Second highest earning entertainment device in the history of entertainment!

SF2 exceeded 1.5 BILLION in gross revenue, plus revenue from home console sales and other licensing including a pinball machine.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

SF2 exceeded 1.5 BILLION in gross revenue, plus revenue from home console sales and other licensing including a pinball machine.

Lawlor had the June 2012 issue of Playmeter magazine in his hands as he spoke. That's not my fact, it's their's and they are the industry standard. It also said that FOUR of the top ten EARNING pinballs were Lawlor designs. That's no joke.

It's a crime that he is sitting on the sidelines as pinball gets a second wind. Jack was in the audience, I HOPE they at least had a nice conversation. Could you imagine a Lawlor game with JJP's build quality and shine? Wow!

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

Could you imagine a Lawlor game with JJP's build quality and shine? Wow!

This needs to happen!!!!

I suggest emailing both Jack ([email protected])
and
Pat ([email protected])

and letting them know you support this idea. What can it hurt????

The heck with starting a petition, just email the source. I would imagine a couple hundred emails to these guys may send a message that the pinball collectors are genuinely interested. I specifically asked both Jack and Pat at Expo about the possibility of a Lawlor/JJP design and both chuckled and made a half-hearted attempt to diguise the fact that they at minimum had not thought about it or maybe even have talked about it.

#14 11 years ago

Pat didn't seem overly excited about printing T-Shirts all day...

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

Second highest earning entertainment device in the history of entertainment! Second to... wait for it... Whack A Mole. LoL.
(Not really fair since Whack A Mole has been around FOREVER and most amusement parks have about 4,000 Whack A Mole machines. But hey.)
No matter how you slice it, Addams was a MEGA HIT like has never been seen before or since!

I thought asteroids with its 45K+ machines built would have earned more. From the stories I heard the coin buckets would overflow by the end of the day.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 1,059.00
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taf-230-a-day and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.