• 27 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by indy5mike
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

detroit.craigslist.org link

If this is legit- would love to see a local pinsider grab it.

#2 9 years ago

No way that can be legit. If it is it'll be the find of the decade.

EDIT - I shouldn't say "no way" but anyone would do a little internet research before selling such an item. Surely to god... Regardless, I'm sure their mailbox is overflowing.

#3 9 years ago

But it plugs into the wall!!!!! Has to be!!!!

#4 9 years ago

Well, here's the picture they used.
http://www.pinballcollectorsresource.com/pcrpics/ADDB921M.JPG

I mean, here's another website that has a picture that someone took when breaking into the sellers house one day. The angle and lighting matching exactly is a total coincidence. Seller likely selling so they can afford to repair the door from where this photographer broke in.

Totally legit.

#5 9 years ago

Yeah this is a fraudulent posting, I've seen it many times before.

Probably just Choggs posting something because he's so bored from his wife's lack of action.

#6 9 years ago

Good detective work. Figured had to be a scam!

#7 9 years ago

So what's the point of posting the ad? In hopes someone wants it badly enough that they'll send money somehow that the seller can get a hold of and run off with?

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

So what's the point of posting the ad? In hopes someone wants it badly enough that they'll send money somehow that the seller can get a hold of and run off with?

That or collecting email addresses.

LTG : )™

#9 9 years ago

They put that ad up and similar all the time. They also put a wanted ad up each time they place the fake ads. They do so bcuz they claim people flag his wanted ads, so he is baiting with fake for sale ads to take peoples minds elsewhere..lol this person said that was there reasoning in another cl ad when someone called them out on it..

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from rockotaco1:

Yeah this is a fraudulent posting, I've seen it many times before.
Probably just Choggs posting something because he's so bored from his wife's lack of action.

Ah, good! Because I was just in Troy on Sunday. If it was legit I was going to start drinking heavily.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from pin15:

detroit.craigslist.org link
If this is legit- would love to see a local pinsider grab it.

do pinsiders a favor. Next time you see a good deal, keep it to yourself. This is probably a scam, but lets say it wasn't.

What happens when the seller gets bombarded by dozens of people? He jacks the price up. Then no one gets a good deal. So next time, say nothing.

#12 9 years ago

^^^ .....very smart man..........Joey

#13 9 years ago

At least if you are going to scam, make the price seem legit. This one is just like the MM for $4100 that showed up in Victoria, Toronto, & Ottawa. Now they have gone across the border. Still a long way from Nigeria.

#14 9 years ago

Michigan is a terrible area for that cut throat shit. Well I have someone on the way to look at it. Oh yeah, did you know that it's worth so much more than your asking and I'll give you more than the guy on his way!

I feel like Cory Hoggard is the main reason the CL pinball scene is a nightmare for all of us in Michigan, amongst a couple of others I know of that are extremely scummy. He literally does NOTHING every single day of his life other than obsessively search craigslist for pins, then lowballs HARD. You'll be lucky to find one or two decent pins around here at a good price each year. People around this area are dog eat dog. That's why it's important to be good to EVERYONE when you buy and sell. The best deals are usually from really nice people right here on pinside.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from rockotaco1:

I feel like Cory Hoggard is the main reason the CL pinball scene is a nightmare for all of us in Michigan, amongst a couple of others I know of that are extremely scummy. He literally does NOTHING every single day of his life other than obsessively search craigslist for pins, then lowballs HARD.

Does this technique actually work? You'd think lowballing hard in this day and age would not be very successfull.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from NMpinhead:

At least if you are going to scam, make the price seem legit. This one is just like the MM for $4100 that showed up in Victoria, Toronto, & Ottawa. Now they have gone across the border. Still a long way from Nigeria.

Well if they are after E-mails....I bet they got a sh*t ton at that price they had... .................Joey

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

That or collecting email addresses.
LTG : )™

Lloyd, This is something I never thought of before. What do they do with the email address's? Just put you on spam lists? My Craigslist account was hacked the other day. I use a secondary email for stupid stuff like CL and I posted an add for a friends truck, I was suprised to see it was flagged a few days later and someone changed my add completely. I have no idea why they would do that instead of using their own email (unless trying to hid their ip add). Just I know before I have seen adds like this and had fun with them asking specifics about the games to see the ridiculous responses I would get. Anyways good call and very interesting.

#18 9 years ago

There are ads like this constantly, they always say plugs into the wall and are posted at rediculously low prices. A taf for that, an ij for 900, etc. Don't know the point of the scam, but it gets annoying for sure. I replied to the first couple I saw because you never know, but I don't even bother anymore if it has one pic and says plugs into the wall

#19 9 years ago

When replying to CL ads it uses fake CL email addresses that fwd to yours so they can't collect your email anymore unless you type it in the email body.

#20 9 years ago

I think they are trying to collect email addresses for PayPal....stuff like that maybe?

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

When replying to CL ads it uses fake CL email addresses that fwd to yours so they can't collect your email anymore unless you type it in the email body.

This explains it:

craigslist.org/about/help/email-relay

It's a double-blind exchange, so there's no reason to use craigslist to collect email addresses anymore.

#22 9 years ago

Yeah this $1200 ad for TAF or TZ or MM pops up quite frequently on detroit cl. My theory was that someone is posting this so that those who search frequently will keep seeing it, then when a real deal pops up everyone ignores it thinking it's fake and boom he jumps on it. Or maybe he's just a DB

#23 9 years ago

But why keep the ad the same? About it plugging into the wall? Whoever posts them is probably just a db seeing how many people respond and just laughs to himself calling us idiots

#24 9 years ago

ad is deleted

it may have been a phishing for emails

#25 9 years ago

My low ball reply of $950 went unanswered

6 months later
#26 8 years ago

it showed up again last week.

#27 8 years ago

Wanting more emails?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

$ 1,159.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1,059.00
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 159.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/taf-1200-listed-on-craigslist-detroit-not-mine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.