6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A2E1B4B1-8B87-4881-A59C-69DBFCB38F2C (resized).jpeg
TTarcade (resized).jpg

#1 6 years ago

Hey guys I've been wanting to get a tabletop system but know next nothing about them. Recently I saw an ad for new units being sold and am considering it but really need advice on if this is really worth it (price/performance) or a lot of BS. Contacted this business and was told I could have it built for $600.00 so here are the specs and a pic of the unit. I have a small game room, 2 pins, mega touch and a pachinko machine so I want to introduce some more variety but as I say, space is a premium so can't go the full size arcade.

Check out our new amazing 28,000 game Tabletop Retro Arcade System. This arcade is a complete ready to go package. All you have to do is hook it up to your flat panel TV using an HDMI cable, plug it in and play!!!

Again, there are 28,000 games (that's not a typo) that includes over 50 gaming systems. Every game known to man is on this arcade loaded and ready to play. You could literally play 3 different games everyday of the year and it would take you 20 years to play all the games and never play the same game twice.

Re-live the 80's and 90's with my home built Tabletop Arcades. Perfect for the Game Room, your in-home bar or Man-Cave. No Quarters Required. Great for friends and family fun. It's a 1 or 2 player arcade with two joysticks and two full sets of LED backlit buttons.

My arcades are brand new, solid and professionally built from the ground up with a new cabinet, new modern computer, electronics and controls. This is new and not a retrofitted or a renovated old unit. But the games play just like you remember they did years ago. This units says it has 28,000 games

ARCADE SYSTEM INCLUDES:

- Arcade Unit

- High Quality Vinyl Graphics Panel

- Two Full Sets of LED Backlit Buttons and Two Full Motion Joysticks

- RaspberryPi 3 - 64bit Microcomputer (Wi-Fi, BlueTooth, HDMI and USB Inputs)

TTarcade (resized).jpgTTarcade (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

Xarcade tankstick $149

Raspberry pi 3 kit $69

Preloaded retropie sd card on eBay that features systems u want. < $70

USB keyboard

Vids on YouTube to help setup tankstick. Just put one together this way and happy with it. Added spinner/wheel option to mine. Can pull and plug it if I want to play bowling/golf trackball games. I don’t though

A2E1B4B1-8B87-4881-A59C-69DBFCB38F2C (resized).jpegA2E1B4B1-8B87-4881-A59C-69DBFCB38F2C (resized).jpeg

#3 6 years ago

Well to be honest I don't really think building my own is an option for me. I mean I can work on my pins to some extent but, soldering skills are not my forte', I just get by. I'm just asking is the play of these worth the $600.00 I can get it at.

#4 6 years ago

What I listed requires no soldering and is pretty much exactly what you will get in the $600 kit minus lit buttons and panel graphics.

Plug it up, download x arcade config file, assign buttons and off you go. The extra $300 you’d pay this person is to do these steps for you. See here:

Pi 3 rev b kit is on amazon.

#5 6 years ago

Plus the tankstick has trackball. X-arcade sells a unit without trackball for $30-$40 less.

I run this for capcom SF games ebay.com link: 0

Same seller has a 128gb / 14,000 game SD that includes Daphne which allows u to play Dragons Lair/Space Ace etc...

Whichever way u go it is an adequate option. Just depends what u want to spend.

#7 6 years ago

Tabletop system? How can you play Centipede or Tempest on that thing with just joysticks posted in the first post? I vote no way on that thing!

If you don't want to build your own, look on Indianapolis CL for a guy that builds Multicades. His stuff is good quality for what he asks for them. ~$800

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tabletop-arcade-advice and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.