Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by yoshiville
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0069 (resized).jpeg
    PP4 (resized).jpg
    F5C69903-3B16-4BC2-84B8-DF09165457F9 (resized).jpeg
    bar and table IMG-20180915-WA0019 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20181022_165218 (resized).jpg
    Burton (resized).jpg
    02E0FFB6-B243-4A79-84C9-B3A6A732125B (resized).jpeg
    #1 5 years ago

I have a number of games I want to find/build tables for holding drinks and purses, thinking between every other game? maybe you have pictures or any ideas, or measurements for what you use besides pingulp style holders,

02E0FFB6-B243-4A79-84C9-B3A6A732125B (resized).jpeg02E0FFB6-B243-4A79-84C9-B3A6A732125B (resized).jpeg
    #2 5 years ago

I’ve been after something like this for awhile myself. I don’t have much space between the games so it has to be pretty narrow. I’ll probably just need to make something myself but I haven’t had the time.

#3 5 years ago

If there is even a chance of a table touching one of the machines I wouldn't risk it. Or if there is a chance of a drink getting spilled and splashing onto the sides of the table? If I saw someone nudging really hard into said table?

Just, no. Not for me. My heart's already racing just thinking about it.

#4 5 years ago

Find a table with foam edges for protection of your pins.

I’d assume that you’ll have to custom build something. I doubt that you’ll find a table that’s 6” wide.

#5 5 years ago

I'm a fan of pingulps myself, but if I were to have tables between my games I would make them short enough that they could be tucked under the game whenever I need to get between machines to work on them.

#6 5 years ago

Pingulps for each game. Purses can go on the floor or somewhere else. It's your home right, not a public arcade or bar?

#7 5 years ago

I am looking for home and a bar, thinking yeah 6-12” wide probably, padded sides is a good idea, need to be convienent height for setting stuff,

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

Pingulps for each game. Purses can go on the floor or somewhere else. It's your home right, not a public arcade or bar?

Quoted from dothedoo:

I'm a fan of pingulps myself, but if I were to have tables between my games I would make them short enough that they could be tucked under the game whenever I need to get between machines to work on them.

I'll 3rd pingulps! Great stuff!

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from oropuro:

convienent height for setting stuff,

Standard counter height.

#10 5 years ago

If you’re set on a table, I would get some 30” wooden bar stools without padding and put them just behind the player, between machine gaps.

Winsome Wood S/2 Wood 30-Inch Bar Stools, Natural Finish https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001FB5K94/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_wQGZBbAFVK6A9

#11 5 years ago

An old snowboard works great.

Burton (resized).jpgBurton (resized).jpg
    #12 5 years ago

I've seen some "flipper shaped" tables much like the snowboard above at places here. Can't for the life of me figure out where they bought them...wouldn't mind one like that myself. Currently I have a shelf that attaches like a pingulp that goes between them.

#13 5 years ago

Pingulps won’t hold mugs, or peoples “stuff” while they play, I like the flipper shaped table idea, next time post a pic of you remember.

#14 5 years ago

Not a pingulp... Just a shelf. Holds my bourbon cup better . Picked this up at Expo a few years ago. Unfortunately the Op relocated and took his tables to the north end of town so I can't get a picture of the flipper table.

IMG_20181022_165218 (resized).jpgIMG_20181022_165218 (resized).jpg
    #15 5 years ago

Here's an image of the flipper table from the Op I found online...

https://igx.4sqi.net/img/general/width960/5176172_aQ0kqydRTnsi-2NMlo1kNjQSK5akrAs_0n3SPY0P-xI.jpg

White one on the left, yellow to the right of the beer...

#16 5 years ago

I see an opportunity for some enterprising soul!

The giant flipper rubber would protect the side art. Brilliant!

#17 5 years ago

Just for comparison... this is a bar here in Toronto which recently introduced pinball machines. Lots of space between games makes this possible.

bar and table IMG-20180915-WA0019 (resized).jpgbar and table IMG-20180915-WA0019 (resized).jpg
    #18 5 years ago

This is from Pins Mechanical in Columbus.

F5C69903-3B16-4BC2-84B8-DF09165457F9 (resized).jpegF5C69903-3B16-4BC2-84B8-DF09165457F9 (resized).jpeg
    #19 5 years ago

We have a place here in Melbourne, Australia that basically use a pallet standing on its side. Great height and seems strong enough. I and others use it at our monthly meet with no issues!

PP4 (resized).jpgPP4 (resized).jpg
    #20 5 years ago

Cidercade in Dallas has really good ones...but I don’t have any pics. They are snug which makes the hard core nudging guys upset cause they can’t slide games around.

#21 5 years ago

I like this idea, I have enough room for 6.5 machines along one of my walls, so parting them with thin tables would be cool. I really like the snowboard idea. I used to skateboard (poorly) when I was younger, so I'm going to check into the feasibility of that.

#22 5 years ago

My worry with snowboard and skateboard is you want flat surface to keep drinks from spilling onto machines

#23 5 years ago

Kickback in Pittsburgh had some really interesting ones when I went there a few years ago. They seemed to be attached to the floor, and weren’t tables per se; I think they were just for protecting the games, but they could easily have a tabletop attached. If I recall correctly they were mostly made out of foam with a wood or metal base.

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from oropuro:

My worry with snowboard and skateboard is you want flat surface to keep drinks from spilling onto machines

If you build a rectangular apron structure underneath and screw the board directly into that (black screws in the pic above), it flattens the camber/rocker of the board and you wind up with a nice flat surface. Minus the tip/tail of course.

2 months later
    #25 5 years ago

Pallet idea is great.. That's about all I'd have room for anyhow.

3 years later
    #26 2 years ago

Apologies if there's a more recent post or some conclusion to this... an exhaustive search finally yielded this table (of which I just ordered two): https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08NWDJM9L

Hope this is helpful to the next person who goes on the between-table quest... the search term that finally unlocked this for me was "skinny wall table," if this Yamazaki Home model is unavailable or not your style.

#27 2 years ago

Because of the shakers and side art the table couldnt be touching the game,IMO

#28 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

Because of the shakers and side art the table couldnt be touching the game,IMO

Should add that I’m wrapping mine in babyproofing foam (like you’d put on the edge of a glass coffee table).

1 year later
    #29 1 year ago

I found my dream table. Anyone recognize this?

IMG_0069 (resized).jpegIMG_0069 (resized).jpeg
    #30 1 year ago

They look like they are from danger zone

https://dangerzonearcade.com/

#31 1 year ago
    Quoted from jdoz2:

They look like they are from danger zone
    https://dangerzonearcade.com/

Nice find! Apparently the owner had them custom made. I found the following from a Pinside supporter…

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1435-cosmic-craft-company/07210-pin-between-tables

6 months later
    #32 5 months ago

Thanks mattrg_2000 ! Just ordered one as a sample to try from them. I'll post an update once I get it.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tables-for-between-games and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.