72 days ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 72 days ago by BRW84
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 72 days ago

Hey, everyone. I was just curious--
    Which pinball table do you think has the most flashers on the playfield?

I recently sold my Lethal Weapon 3 pinball which had somewhere around 25+ flashers above and below the play field (not including back box) and have thought about getting something to replace it.
    One of the things I really enjoyed about LE3 was how exciting some shots were to hit due to triggering the flash lamps like the ramp or when Tri-Ball was ready, so I'm wondering what are some other examples of seizure-inducing games?

I bought the South Park table and am just a li'l teensie sad at the lack of flashin' (though I feel the GI is nice and bright with LEDs), so I was wondering what is something to offset this? Thanks!

#2 72 days ago

F-14!!!

#3 72 days ago

I was just going through the manual and found 10 on the playfield alone.

#4 72 days ago

Starship troopers

#5 72 days ago

AFM strobe multiball?

#6 72 days ago

F14. Game will give you seizures....

#7 72 days ago

Oh, holy crap. Yes. Exactly this. I'm definitely putting it on a list. That was wild. I had no idea what this game could do the last couple times I saw it at auction. Instant regret.

Quoted from Mitch:

Starship troopers

That is a good number. I like that they're in rows, but different colours. Def would like to check it out now.

Quoted from phoenixpin:

AFM strobe multiball?

I actually had never seen that mode before--I've only played it a couple of times when coming across it in the wild, but now I have something to look forward to. Kinda wish their were other strobing parts as well.

#8 72 days ago

Not sure about which has the most of the pf versus the most in the game, but we regularly install these kits at a flat rate for the GI and inserts but charge by the bulb for the flashers so I've noticed which ones likely have the most.

Data East Simpson has the most flashbulbs of any game clocking in at 51 or 52. CFTBL has the most of any WMS game at around 39.

DE games on average will have way more flashlamps that others. Sometimes with 8+ just under the ramp entrance (TMNT) Unlike Williams, whom DE copied the board design, DE did not generally allow for less than 4 lamps per circuit. This allowed them to keep the exact same resistor value on every circuit. Williams in the System 11 era starting from Banzai and SOF would put a different value resistor on the circuit depending on whether they were driving 1,2,3 or 4 bulbs on that circuit, this is part of what makes the interconnect boards game specific on system 11B and 11C pins. I guess DE thought this would be too much of a PITA so they just made their designers always batch in groups of 4.

#9 72 days ago

It doesn't have the most, but Black Rose has a ton of flashers and the plastics don't cover some of them completely. When I replaced them with LEDs on a Black Rose I had, several of my friends could barely play it because it hurt their eyes.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Iron Monger Decal Out of stock
    Flashinstinct
    $ 209.99
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 218.00
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 9.99
    Playfield - Plastics
    Mod Magic!
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 75.00
    Playfield - Other
    Great American Pinball
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 0.35
    $ 45.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ...redshiftLED
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 132.00
    $ 114.00
    Lighting - Backbox
    The MOD Couple
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 24.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 12.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside