(Topic ID: 113733)

T3: Strange Problem with ball shooter

By uriahsky

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

The game won't shoot the ball when pulling the trigger, but it does automatically shoot the ball during game play when the ball drains too early or when that game needs to automatically shoot the ball out of the shooter lane. In the switch test it does show it working but in the Solenoid test it doesn't fire. All of the fuses are good. I am hoping someone has seen something like this before because I am either missing something very simple or this is some kind of logic problem on the CPU board? Any thoughts?

Thanks
Russ

#2 9 years ago

I'd go over the coil lugs, solder joints. Pry around and see if anything is cracked or loose.

LTG : )™

#3 9 years ago

Measure the resistance at the coil for your shooter. Set your ohms at 20 ohms or so, put one lead of your DMM on each coil lug so both leads are on the coil lugs at the same time. If you're getting 0 ohms, you have a break in the coil wire somewhere.

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from uriahsky:

In the switch test it does show it working but in the Solenoid test it doesn't fire.

Have you made sure the interlock switch is closed when doing the coil test? Have you verified that the correct switch is being triggered in switch test? Have you tested the shooter lane switch as well?

Quoted from NPO:

Measure the resistance at the coil for your shooter. Set your ohms at 20 ohms or so, put one lead of your DMM on each coil lug so both leads are on the coil lugs at the same time. If you're getting 0 ohms, you have a break in the coil wire somewhere.

0 ohms is a direct short not a break. Also since he says the coil fires fine in ball save, then the coil is fine.

Quoted from LTG:

I'd go over the coil lugs, solder joints. Pry around and see if anything is cracked or loose.
LTG : )™

Same with this thinking. If the coil fires during ball saver eject, then it's not a solder problem on the coil.

#5 9 years ago

I would look at the switch in the gun

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Boards
PinSound

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.95
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/t3-strange-problem-with-ball-shooter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.