• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20160311_090359_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160311_090344_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160311_090335_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballmaniac40.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 8 years ago

Can you snap a picture of the right corner of the MPU all around the battery pack? I suspect battery alkaline damage.

#7 8 years ago

I think you may have a bad row or column failure in your switch matrix.
if I recall, the switch matrix input is coming into the MPU at CN7 to the left of the battery pack.
So, can you measure all the resistors to the left of the battery pack and report the resistances?

I would imagine you could still add coins to be able to play the game.

#11 8 years ago

Set your meter to about 10k or 20k ohms or just ohms (horseshoe) and measure each resistor there. The row of resistors should read all close in value.

"Open door" usually indicates failed batteries or if you just installed new batteries, that you need to do through your adjustment menu and making sure that you see the game reset, otherwise "open door" message will continue to show every time you open the door.

#12 8 years ago

I wish I lived closer.

#13 8 years ago

Try reseating the first 2 connectors just to the top left of the battery pack.

#20 8 years ago

You may want to go and upgrade to NVRAM. That MPU is not easy to find if it gets damaged to the point it is not economical to repair.

#23 8 years ago

This is a new NVRAM and not the only one out there. I've been buying from here.
http://www.pinitech.com/products/6264_adapter.php

So it is an easy upgrade for your Stern T3 Whitestar game. Remove your batteries. Pull out the old ram and install the NVRAM (notch pointing down). Then you just reset for Free Play and any other settings. Turn it off for at least 5 seconds and turn it back on so you know it is holding the settings.

#24 8 years ago

BenetBoy78, what game are you going to put NVRAM in?

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

I wanted to do all of them. I have Williams/Bally and latest Sterns.

I ask since you don't show a collection list.
All DE, Sega, and the Stern SAM games will be the easiest ones to do as it would be to pop out the old chip and install the new one.

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

I opened up my collection so you can see and advise. Again, thank you!!

Uhh...maybe your collection is not set to public view or something.

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from CookyJar:

Very cool. Thinking of picking up two since I also have a LOTR. I don't care about resetting everything on the T3, but is there any way to replace with NVRAM with out loosing the current memory? Like when you replace the batteries with the machine on so everything won't be lost?

Looks like you need 4.
Taxi has a System 11B board which are very hard to find original boards for. Get this one taken care of before your WPC games is what I do suggest. The old RAM will have to be cut off or carefully desoldered and install an IC socket.

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from CookyJar:

Very cool. Thinking of picking up two since I also have a LOTR. I don't care about resetting everything on the T3, but is there any way to replace with NVRAM with out loosing the current memory? Like when you replace the batteries with the machine on so everything won't be lost?

No sorry. No chance of saving the setting or scores. You do not want to plug this in with power on. Removing the old RAM off the board will be the same as removing the batteries=memory loss.

3 weeks later
#33 8 years ago

Any luck with installing NVRAM ?
Hope you got your Stern games done at least.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballmaniac40.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/t3-startup-issue?tu=pinballmaniac40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.