IMGA0881.JPG
IMGA0878.JPG
IMGA0874.JPG
IMGA0872.JPG
IMGA0871.JPG
IMGA0870.JPG
IMGA0869.JPG
#1 9 years ago

I went a little nuts and lit up all the ramps of the game. The brushed stainless steel really reflects the leds in a cool pattern. The game is REALLY red now. I'll be putting mirror blades on next so it will REALLY look wild then.

IMGA0869.JPGIMGA0869.JPG
IMGA0870.JPGIMGA0870.JPG

#2 9 years ago

That's insane!
What kind of LED strips did you use?
Any pictures of it when the lights are off?

Axl

#3 9 years ago

Looks great!

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

That's insane!

I know and the one in the shooter lane is a chasing strip (bottom to top).<blockquote

cite="#2404341">What kind of LED strips did you use?
Got them on ebay, 3 leds per inch and the strip is only half as wide as a regular strip so the ball doesn't come in contact with it when it's in the ramp.

Quoted from Axl:

They are plugged into a DK Pinball power strip so all I have to do is unplug them for a picture which I'll do later today.

#5 9 years ago

Thanks, like Axi said they are insane now. Not for everyones taste I'm sure.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Here are pictures with lights off.

IMGA0871.JPGIMGA0871.JPG IMGA0872.JPGIMGA0872.JPG
#7 9 years ago

I just put the mirror blades on and this is what they look like. I like...I like. But man is it a TIGHT fit.

IMGA0874.JPGIMGA0874.JPG

IMGA0878.JPGIMGA0878.JPG
IMGA0881.JPGIMGA0881.JPG
IMGA0880.JPGIMGA0880.JPG

IMGA0882.JPGIMGA0882.JPG
#8 9 years ago

With the 4, 12v strips I added the led count of the game just increased by 235. And if I counted all the other leds I added before the 4 strips it's probably well over 300.

#10 8 years ago

Great work! I must do this! Can you post what lights on eBay you got? Thanks!

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from puck:

Great work! I must do this! Can you post what lights on eBay you got? Thanks!

The sellers name is youcsee and the strips are 60cm red I think the leds are 1210's. The strips are half as wide as regular strips and have 2 wires coming out of each end of the strip. They can be cut every 3 leds. When I bought them they were 2 for $5.50 with free shipping. Here's a comparison picture.

IMGA0888.JPGIMGA0888.JPG
4 weeks later
#12 8 years ago

Fantastic thanks!@
Quick link for anyone interested in picking some up.

ebay.com link: 1x Red 60CM 1210 60smd Waterproof LED Strip Light Lamp Car Boat Decor Flexible

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from puck:

Fantastic thanks!@
Quick link for anyone interested in picking some up.
ebay.com link » 1x Red 60cm 1210 60smd Waterproof Led Strip Light Lamp Car Boat Decor Flexible

Yup that's them. If you want different colors ask them. Let's see what you do with yours. I did drill 2 small holes (you can't see them) in the pf under 2 plastics to run the wires and used the DK Pinballs power distro. block for powering them.

1 month later
#14 8 years ago

How did you stick them on? I am super nervous now that I have em. I don't want to damage the ramps, but I want them to stay.

Thanks for a great mod. I am also gonna do this on my JM!

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from puck:

How did you stick them on? I am super nervous now that I have em. I don't want to damage the ramps, but I want them to stay.

Just a dab of Super Glue gel every few inches. It's slow going because you only do one or two at a time and you have to hold them in place, about 2 minutes before you move to do the next 2 spots. Just make sure you don't press directly on the spot where the glue is, you'll glue your finger to the ramp. And you don't need to press real hard, you'll squeez the glue out. Take it slow. Start at the entrance of the ramp with the power wires running under the pf and work your way up. let us know how it goes, pictures would be nice too.

#16 8 years ago

Totally will do! Thanks! Just waiting on the DK power deal and now that my 3D printer isn'y Y shifting I am printing a replacement head for above the pop bumpers. Can't wait to share that.

-J

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from puck:

Totally will do! Thanks! Just waiting on the DK power deal and now that my 3D printer isn'y Y shifting I am printing a replacement head for above the pop bumpers. Can't wait to share that.
-J

Yeah that DK power splitter is a must with all those 12v led strips. Your 3d printing a new head? Cool....we HAVE to see it when your done.

#18 8 years ago

Sounds great. I'll post the light pictures here and the 3D print progress in the T3 mod thread.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from puck:

Please put up some pics of this when you do

#20 8 years ago

Will do, that might be a month or two. Doing a clear coat on the play field currently. Screen Shot 2015-07-29 at 9.40.49 AM.pngScreen Shot 2015-07-29 at 9.40.49 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-07-29 at 9.42.42 AM.pngScreen Shot 2015-07-29 at 9.42.42 AM.png

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from puck:

Will do, that might be a month or two. Doing a clear coat on the play field currently. Screen Shot 2015-07-29 at 9.40.49 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-07-29 at 9.42.42 AM.png

Yeah you have your work cut out for you, that's pretty dirty.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 45.95
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/t3-ramp-light-up and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.