• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0148A132-B3CB-41BE-AB92-7660A758AF39 (resized).jpeg
782015CC-290F-45C4-9FEC-5D1E9140A37A (resized).jpeg
#1 1 year ago

Hello, just picked a T3, my first Stern. I cleaned, Novus 2 and Blitz waxed it and it still seems to have dull finish. Any suggestions for me to get shine like my other pins?

Thank you,
Robert

#2 1 year ago
Quoted from Robertbucs:

Hello, just picked a T3, my first Stern. I cleaned, Novus 2 and Blitz waxed it and it still seems to have dull finish. Any suggestions for me to get shine like my other pins?
Thank you,
Robert

Can you attach a photo? Novus 2 should do it generally.

#3 1 year ago

Hard to get a good pic but if you look closely you see kind of an Orange peel haziness on the black. It’s all over the PF and flipper lanes.

Thank you

0148A132-B3CB-41BE-AB92-7660A758AF39 (resized).jpeg0148A132-B3CB-41BE-AB92-7660A758AF39 (resized).jpeg782015CC-290F-45C4-9FEC-5D1E9140A37A (resized).jpeg782015CC-290F-45C4-9FEC-5D1E9140A37A (resized).jpeg
#4 1 year ago

And this is the base of the PF for sure.. nobody stuck a piece of mylar over the whole thing etc?

Is it like this under the plastics as well? wondering if maybe it was re-cleared at some point.. I sold mine a while back, but I don't recall a hazy finish... it's not the glossy they use now.. but it should have a clear look.

Could try some naptha to determine if it is just some residue build up... but that would be odd over the whole thing.

#5 1 year ago

Not Mylar over the whole thing and not under the plastics. Some areas look ok and some look really hazy.

Thank you

#6 1 year ago

Looks like magic eraser was used to clean it. This is what happens when it is used on a clear coated playfield. Yes magic eraser cleans well, But it also strips the clear coat off of whatever you are cleaning.

#7 1 year ago

Who did you buy it from?

#8 1 year ago

Little Shop of Games, any remedy for this?

#9 1 year ago

Can use a drill and buffing head with compounds if you really want to try to get it shinning

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 45.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/t3-playing-field-dull and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.