Topic Stats

• 100 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by PNBLWZD
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 28 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

T3updated.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
IMGA0740.jpg
024.jpg
T3_23.jpg
031.jpg
T3_24_1.jpg
025_2.jpg
look_of_the_leds.jpg
lit_up_back_trough.jpg
7strip_led_drainlight.jpg
P7050179.jpg
P7050181.jpg
IMGA0888.jpg
IMGA0969.jpg

There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballnut3:

Sunday afternoon or night works.

I was thinkin afternoon. You in Zach?

#52 4 years ago

I have a part question: To the left and above the top lanes in the pro it there's a metal bracket that looks like a one way ball gate. There is no ball stop wire installed, but I see the pinholes where a wire could go. Was the wire deleted and replaced with the up post, or is it supposed to be both and mine is missing?

#53 4 years ago

Does anyone has nice Customs Instruction cards for t3 ?

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

and here's 2 that I just finished this weekend that are mounted on the ceiling over the game. I also added the Comet pop cap led rings, red top and white bottoms and an OCD board to fix the led insert.

IMGA0964.jpg IMGA0965.jpg IMGA0958.jpg IMGA0967.jpg IMGA0969.jpg

That looks beautiful! Are they going to be used for backbox sides?

#55 4 years ago
Quoted from JoelOmatik:

That looks beautiful! Are they going to be used for backbox sides?

Thanks, no just lit ceiling art...my ceiling is open joists painted flat black.

#56 4 years ago

Gotcha. You should definitely consider doing a project like that anyways. Maybe even get a matching design for the cabinet sides. Could be a big seller!

#57 4 years ago

pinballnut, that T3 looks GREAT!

#58 4 years ago

I'm not sure one pin is significantly better than the other.

t3 was a sequel to t2 in the movies but these two pins have layouts quite different from each other. It would be hard to call t3 a "sequel" to t2 in the pinball world.

I enjoy t2 more because it has a more open playfield. t3 certainly can be dressed up with LEDs and look better than t2. I find both games repetitive

I think you'd be happy with either one. You'll probably bling it when you start getting bored with it, keep it for awhile longer and then sell it for a game with a deeper rule set............and who cares really. Pinball is about what you love!

#59 4 years ago
Quoted from JoelOmatik:

Gotcha. You should definitely consider doing a project like that anyways. Maybe even get a matching design for the cabinet sides. Could be a big seller!

They are part of an alt. decal set a guy in Hungary sells on ebay. They had just the bb decals for sale so I got them with doing this in mind.

#60 4 years ago

Here's some pics of my custom T3. Lots of options can be done with this title. Full chrome, custom topper and framed picture with under cabinet lights flashing into the back of topper. Lots more I can't recall right now.

// Error: Image 426482 not found //
// Error: Image 426484 not found //
[attachment=2559914,undefined caption="031.JPG"]
[attachment=2559914,undefined caption="T3 (23).JPG"]
// Error: Image 426491 not found //

#61 4 years ago

Sorry, Pics not loading. I'll try again later.

#62 4 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Here's some pics of my custom T3. Lots of options can be done with this title. Full chrome, custom topper and framed picture with under cabinet lights flashing into the back of topper. Lots more I can't recall right now.

[attachment=2559914,undefined caption="031.JPG"]
[attachment=2559914,undefined caption="T3 (23).JPG"]

Pics didn't come through.

#63 4 years ago

See if this works!

025.JPG
T3 (24).JPG
031.JPG
T3 (23).JPG
024.JPG

#64 4 years ago

See if this works!
025.JPG
T3 (24).JPG
031.JPG
T3 (23).JPG
024.JPG

What color is the coin door, armor and legs? Can't tell from the pictures.

#66 4 years ago

Looks really nice

#68 4 years ago

Which led strips did you use? Where do you tie into 12 volts?
Thanks Jeff

#69 4 years ago
Quoted from jeff_286:

Which led strips did you use? Where do you tie into 12 volts?
Thanks Jeff

Who is the question for and what is it in reference to?

#70 4 years ago

Oh, i thought this was about modding out T3 with the led strips and was curious where to tap into 12 v.

#71 4 years ago
Quoted from jeff_286:

Oh, i thought this was about modding out T3 with the led strips and was curious where to tap into 12 v.

I can help with that, I got mine from an ebay seller named "yousee", they are listed as "2x red 60cm smd". They are $5.74 for 2 strips, they look like the strip on the bottom in the picture. There is a 12v lead in the cab under the shooter rod. See my post #34 to see what they look like on the game. They can be cut every 3 leds.

IMGA0740.jpg

#72 4 years ago

Thank You Mustang Paul that makes it easier.

#73 4 years ago
Quoted from jeff_286:

Thank You Mustang Paul that makes it easier.

And the best way to split the power from that one 12v line is by getting the DK Customs Pinball 8 way splitter board. Check it out. I have them on all my Stern games and wouldn't do any light mod without one.

#74 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

And the best way to split the power from that one 12v line is by getting the DK Customs Pinball 8 way splitter board. Check it out. I have them on all my Stern games and wouldn't do any light mod without one.

Excellent choice! I purchased one for my TronLE. Rally cleans up the whole mod power lines!

#75 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

is by getting the DK Customs Pinball

I agree. Have the same thing.

#76 4 years ago

Excellent choice! I purchased one for my TronLE. Rally cleans up the whole mod power lines!

Oh I almost forgot as an added bonus you can get 5v out of any of the 8 plugs or any combination of 5v and 12v. That's one slick product.

#77 4 years ago

OK now where do I buy a DK board?

#79 4 years ago

T3 is definitely a top 5 stern in my opinion. Throw a 23-800 on the cabinet speaker to fix the audio and you'll be very happy.

-c

#80 4 years ago
Quoted from CraigC:

Throw a 23-800 on the cabinet speaker to fix the audio and you'll be very happy.
-c

Please explain?

#81 4 years ago

Love Mine

Shaker and smartdmd installed, more to Come

image.jpgimage.jpg

#82 4 years ago

I need a shaker in my T3! Does the software support it? And it use a standard stern shaker?

#83 4 years ago
Quoted from CraigC:

T3 is definitely a top 5 stern in my opinion. Throw a 23-800 on the cabinet speaker to fix the audio and you'll be very happy.
-c

Sorry but a picture doesn't do us any good without telling us what it is, what it does and where to buy it.

#84 4 years ago
Quoted from CraigC:

Throw a 23-800 on the cabinet speaker

yeah whats this...

I want to hear more about this shaker.

#85 4 years ago

I like T3 better than T2. Both can be had for well under 2k. So either way they are not a bad deal. I could have landed a routed T3 for $700 once. Passed because I didn't have the space and didn't want to sacrifice the footprint.

#86 4 years ago

No Game Doesnt Support Shaker. I connected Mine to the middle flashers, which adds the Game nice Effects.

#87 4 years ago

Oh good DK didn't stand for Donkey Kong what is it that i need to buy?

#88 4 years ago
Quoted from jeff_286:

Oh good DK didn't stand for Donkey Kong what is it that i need to buy?

Donkey Kong. The 8 way power splitter for a Stern, I think it's $25.

#89 4 years ago

Well i'm 54 DK was the one to beat, still have it and my crowd loves that stuff.

#90 4 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Please explain?

You're just using the windings as a choke coil to cut out the high frequencies so you get more punch from the cabinet speaker. This is perfect because everyone has a 23-800 coil laying around with a busted tab.Just hook it up so the positive line from the game goes into one tab on the coil (cut any diodes off) and then goes to the speaker from the other tab . Polarity does not matter, you're just increasing the round trip. Try it out with different coils for different blocking effects. I have a weird em coil on my gnr because I wanted more mid bass.

-c

#91 4 years ago

Sorry to hijack this thread, but CraigC, do you have any pictures of this?

Axl

#92 4 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Sorry to hijack this thread, but CraigC, do you have any pictures of this?
Axl

I can take one tonight, but it's as simple as intercept any wire to the speaker you want with the coil and leave the other wire alone.

I'll edit this with a picture after work.

-c

#93 4 years ago

I just did this, although I used a different coil. Worked great. Thanks. Never though of using a coil as pass filter before...

#94 4 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I just did this, although I used a different coil. Worked great. Thanks. Never though of using a coil as pass filter before...

What coil did you use? I played around with lots of different coil values, so will be good to see what worked for you.

-c

#95 4 years ago

Connecting an external powered sub works great on this game as well

Can someone take a pic of the top middle ball gate for me above and to the left of the top lanes? I think mine is missing the ball wire. Thanks

#96 4 years ago
Quoted from PNBLWZD:

Connecting an external powered sub works great on this game as well
Can someone take a pic of the top middle ball gate for me above and to the left of the top lanes? I think mine is missing the ball wire. Thanks

It's not supposed to have one. mine is HUO and has a sticker saying that there is not supposed to have a ball gate wire.

-c

#97 4 years ago

Here is a set I did recently.
T3updated.jpg

#98 4 years ago

Thanks, These Ones Looks Real cool

#99 4 years ago

If you want the PDF file to make sure it prints to the correct size PM me your email address and I will send it.

#100 4 years ago
Quoted from CraigC:

It's not supposed to have one. mine is HUO and has a sticker saying that there is not supposed to have a ball gate wire.

Thank you! I had a feeling that was the case, as it would be redundant with the up-post right next to it but wanted to make sure.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 69.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Boards
PinSound
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside