025_2.jpg
look_of_the_leds.jpg
lit_up_back_trough.jpg
7strip_led_drainlight.jpg
P7050179.jpg
P7050181.jpg
IMGA0888.jpg
IMGA0969.jpg
There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 years ago

i am thinking of geting one. But i am Not Really sure, because it is so low Rated

How is gameplay and how Deep Are the rules ?

Thank you

#2 8 years ago

I love mine, plenty to shoot at, the metal ramps are WAY cool and light up beautifully with led strips like I did, rules are deep enough for me and the RPG game in the bb is fun. Do the service bulletin mod and put another diode on the shooter coil, it needs it. If you led the game it needs the OCD board for sure.

#3 8 years ago

Lots of fun, fast ramp returns and classic SR flow.

Shallow rules. IIRC, I beat wizard mode within a day or two of ownership.

#4 8 years ago

Love the game. Awesome value pin that hasn't gone up a ton like other titles. Fast and flowing. Much better than T2. More modes and you can stack them. It's a blast to get a few modes going and start hitting the ramps.

It is an easier game, like Maken mentioned, and you will find you get the wizard mode more often. However it's a nice departure from other games that have an impossible wizard mode. Games like NF, STTNG, and T3 have easier wizard modes, and it's nice to feel that sense of accomplishment and really work up your score. The wizard mode on T3 is awesome. Plus there is a mini wizard mode -- Assault.

Also a game that seems to hold when routed. Other than the side art by the flippers getting messed up and turning white, the playfield, mechs, and plastics seem to hold up well

#5 8 years ago

shooot heaah . an heaah.

#6 8 years ago

I got one a few months ago and really like it, great reasonably priced dmd pin

What's the service bulletin shooter coil diode mod?

#7 8 years ago

As stated above, rules are kinda shallow, but still fun. You can stack pretty much EVERYTHING in the game and it is a blast. Points can get absurd even without reaching the mini-wizard of main wizard. Very smooth, wonderful metal ramps.

Far, far superior to T2 in every way, shape and form (and I say this with T2 being the pin of my childhood, tons of nostalgia for it) except artwork and being based on the inferior Terminator sequel (not that it matters).

If you are a Terminator fan and like flowing games this game is great.

#8 8 years ago

If you play it ... You'll be back.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

i am thinking of geting one. But i am Not Really sure, because it is so low Rated
How is gameplay and how Deep Are the rules ?
Thank you

If you base (your) choices on ratings of games, you'll probably never be happy with what you buy. Fair enough question about how deep the rules are. Best lesson to live by is to play the game and be your own judge. Like most pins, many people will like the game and many people may not. I own T3 and although the rules are not deep, I enjoy it. Never bought a game because of rankings-high or low.

#10 8 years ago

I have Played it on Location. It Has good Flow which i Really like, couldnt Say if it Is getting old fast because of easy Rules like Monster Bash or cactus Canyon.

#11 8 years ago

Many people would agree that CC has a less than stellar rulesheet. Now go ask 20 MB owners if the rulesheet bothers them for owning the game. I'm looking to add MB back in my collection as I miss it. It's not as deep as some games but I love it and consider it a top 5 pin! I don't think it gets old at all.

#12 8 years ago

I own one and it's a awesome game one of my favorites and it even got the rpg in the backglass

#13 8 years ago

T3 is a good game. Way better than T2 in all areas but maybe music.

#14 8 years ago

I really like it - great value, and plenty of depth.

The one issue I have is too much use of the center shot - which is the one thing that gets old.

- Shoot the center to light lock
- shoot the center to lock a ball -> after 3rd lock Multiball starts
- shoot the center for Jackpots (no other jackpots in the main multiball)
- after 3 jackpots -> Shoot the center for Super Jackpot
--- To get another jackpot (at the center again) you must do the following (which is TOO DIFFICULT for the reward)...
- Shoot A (left ramp)
- Shoot B (middle ramp) within 5 seconds
- Shoot C (right ramp) within 5 seconds
- Shoot Center within 5 seconds to score another Jackpot

So most people do the following (in regards to the main multiball)
- just keep shooting the center to start multiball and get your primary jackpots and super
- almost never get any more jackpots after the super
- go right back to hitting the center to do it again (and again)

Don't get me wrong - there is a lot of other fun stuff going on with modes and Assault Attack and Final Battle, and the RPG is fun too. I like the game, but just wish somebody could re-code the main multiball (starting and implementation) to use more shots in a fun, worthwhile manner. I feel that this one change would elevate the game to a new level and really up peoples appreciation.

#15 8 years ago

It's a good game. I never cared for the RPG stuff, but overall a solid title and it's a good value.

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from PNBLWZD:

http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/downloads/sb145.pdf

#17 8 years ago

I have one coming to me by end week! Great flowing game,
rule depth is just right for my play, and love the theme. That is
important to me not so much where its rated. My T2 gets
played a lot but wanted a T3 for the longest time. Almost
bought one NIB back in the day as I was brought in by the light show
and ramps. Look forward to putting some LEDs in this one.
Finally one is coming to my collection!

#18 8 years ago

Thanks to everyone. I bought one and like it.

I am thinking to put a Shaker in this machine. I know that it is Not supported. Anyone try this ?

I did this with Potc and there it fits Well

Greetings

#19 8 years ago

My biggest regret in pinball is selling T3 and I've had 3 AAA titles in my time

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Thanks to everyone. I bought one and like it.

Its my favorite pin after MM. I will never sell mine. Fast, Fun, Corny fun callouts. Get blitz multiball and the game turns into a old batman tv show (big text bubbles BAM, KABOOM) Most underrated pin of all time. Even if you master it the speed and ramp flow keeps you coming back. If you want some sweet mod tips PM me or mustang paul.

I would love a shaker in mine I looked into that andrino kit or whatever its called. Looked tough. Let me know if you figure it out.

#21 8 years ago

Like to See the mods, send PM.

#23 8 years ago

Had one for two months, it never really grabbed me, but it is different and neat enough. Just not my style.

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

I have Played it on Location. It Has good Flow which i Really like, couldnt Say if it Is getting old fast because of easy Rules like Monster Bash or Cactus Canyon.

I like t3. It is similar to monster bash in the rule department. But it's a lot of fun nevertheless. Buy it. If you tire of it sell it no loss.

#25 8 years ago

Love it, and even better, so does the wife! Picked up a home use only one about two months ago with 256 original plays and couldn't be happier!

#26 8 years ago

If I went by ratings I would have passed up a fun pin.

#27 8 years ago

I love my t3. Better playing pin then t2.

#28 8 years ago

The game never grabbed me. But I also find the Ping-Pong ball RPG in the backbox very annoying.

#29 8 years ago

Excellent game, really a bargain for the money. I have had one for years, personally like it better than T2, gameplay wise. Pretty much the same game with several added features!

#30 8 years ago

Great bang for the buck. I was talking with stern and discussing various pins. The statement was made that if T3 was made today,
it would be an $8,500 pin.

#31 8 years ago

All you peps saying T3 is better than T2...you's are all nuckin futs... ......(congrats OP....hope you are enjoying it...!!!)...................Joey

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

All you peps saying T3 is better than T2...you's are all nuckin futs

Rather be nuts then wrong! T2 blows unless your over 50

#33 8 years ago

T3 is like a perfected T2. They took the cannon and made it into a backbox toy instead of being the key skill required like in T2, they added cool tight ramp shot, and they added some more rules while keeping a lot of the same ideas.

I don't know how anyone who likes T2 could not like T3. I actively dislike T2 and I like T3 despite how relatively similar they are!

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Like to See the mods, send PM.

Here's some I did. Lit the ramps, added mirror blades, color changing speaker lights with metal "key chain" chrome skulls stuck on grill and color changing and chasing strip on apron.

IMGA0869.jpgIMGA0869.jpg

IMGA0874.jpgIMGA0874.jpg

IMGA0881.jpgIMGA0881.jpg

IMGA0971.jpgIMGA0971.jpg

IMGA0972.jpgIMGA0972.jpg

IMGA0973.jpgIMGA0973.jpg

IMGA0974.jpgIMGA0974.jpg

IMGA0978.jpgIMGA0978.jpg

#35 8 years ago

and here's 2 that I just finished this weekend that are mounted on the ceiling over the game. I also added the Comet pop cap led rings, red top and white bottoms and an OCD board to fix the led insert.

IMGA0964.jpgIMGA0964.jpg

IMGA0965.jpgIMGA0965.jpg

IMGA0958.jpgIMGA0958.jpg

IMGA0967.jpgIMGA0967.jpg

IMGA0969.jpgIMGA0969.jpg

#36 8 years ago

Do those LEDs make that stripe pattern on the ramps in person? That game looks pretty sweet.

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from PNBLWZD:

You are supposed to add another diode. I had to do it to mine, coil overheated and sleeve melted, also took out the transistor on the board. Add the extra diode before the same thing happens to you.

#38 8 years ago

yes they look like laser beams its awesome.

Seen it in person!

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

Do those LEDs make that stripe pattern on the ramps in person? That game looks pretty sweet.

Yes they do and I love the look they give the ball as it goes up the ramp. If you want a softer look all you do is lightly sand the strip to "fog" it and that will spread the light out better. In the attached picture the strips that are on the game is on the bottom. Because the strip is narrower the ball does not hit them and as a bonus the led's are closer together so there are more on the strip, they are 12v. The strips are cutable every 3 leds. I glued them on with a dab of super glue gel every 3 inches or so. I did have to drill 2 small holes in the pf (under the plastics so you can't see them) to route the wires.

IMGA0888.jpgIMGA0888.jpg

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballnut3:

yes they look like laser beams its awesome.
Seen it in person!

You gotta see the T3's looking down on you with the glowing eyes. It may creep you out though.

#41 8 years ago

P7050181.JPGP7050181.JPGP7050179.JPGP7050179.JPG7strip led drainlight.JPG7strip led drainlight.JPGlit up back trough.JPGlit up back trough.JPGlook of the leds.JPGlook of the leds.JPG

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballnut3:

P7050181.JPG P7050179.JPG 7strip led drainlight.JPG lit up back trough.JPG look of the leds.JPG

Good one, I forgot about the 1st and 4th pictures. You gotta get mirrors for that thing.

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You gotta get mirrors for that thing

I got em....Its just a tight fit so I dont know what to do.

Paul when you going to help me install those ramp lights. Those are so sweet.

#44 8 years ago

I would go with Terminator 2...

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballnut3:

Paul when you going to help me install those ramp lights. Those are so sweet.

You got the super glue gel?

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You got the super glue gel?

He does now!

Great pictures, Paul!
Outta control!

#48 8 years ago

Well Zach what say we go over to his digs Sunday and do-it-to-it?

#49 8 years ago

Love T3 get one! It's the best of Monster Bash & T2 in one game.

#50 8 years ago

Odd how that happened!
Sunday afternoon or night works.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/t3-pinball-opinions-please/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.