20%

(108 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

t3_mid_pf.jpg
T3_lower_PF.jpg
t3_left.jpg

#1 10 years ago

With NIB pins prices going up, I thought I would pick up a nice used game. I need help deciding between a T3 or Ripley's. Also, what is the approx price range for these in very nice to HUO condition. Thanks!

#2 10 years ago

RBION hands down for me

#3 10 years ago

RBION here as well. T3 is a great pin and the only Stern with a video mode if I'm correct.

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

T3 is a great pin and the only Stern with a video mode if I'm correct.

Nope, nice try

Harley Davidson has a video mode and I thought one more did but I may be thinking about the wrong title.

#5 10 years ago

Elvis had a video mode (DDR type game). Choose Ripley's......awesome game and a great layout.

#6 10 years ago

Sopranos has a video mode too.
I'd go Rbion over T3

#7 10 years ago

My preference is T3 personally. I had one and of course miss it now that it's gone. I happen to like the layout and the metal ramps really set it off nicely. RBION to me has too much going on, but it's all a personal preference. My wife LOVED the backbox on T3...

I think you can find a really nice T3 for $2500 if you look.

#8 10 years ago

RBION.......Suuuuupaaaaaaaa Jackkkkkpoooooot!

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

RBION.......Suuuuupaaaaaaaa Jackkkkkpoooooot!

RBION is a great game was playing it last night. Thought about selling it, but changed my mind The one I have is super duper nice! I forget who I got it from?

#10 10 years ago

Ya mon...go w/Ripleys or I'll hit you over the head w/a dead fish! : )

#11 10 years ago

A vote for T3 here. Best backbox toy/game in all of pinball.

Later,
EV

#12 10 years ago

I have owned both, T3 is long gone, Ripley's probably won't ever leave.

#13 10 years ago

another vote for ripleys

#15 10 years ago

A penguin on roller skates!

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmanguy:

A penguin on roller skates!

...how amazing!

#17 10 years ago

I have a T2, and a T3 would look cheap next to it...I would have to go with RBION.

#18 10 years ago

T3 = More Flow
RBION = More Strategy

There's also about a ~1k price difference between the two machines if that has any bearing on your vote as well (T3 @ low 2k and RBION @ low 3k)

#19 10 years ago

Ripley's hands down. Will be my next purchase.~SpOoKy

#20 10 years ago

Rips! Hands down in my opinion.

#21 10 years ago

T3 is fun, but Ripley's for me.

#22 10 years ago

is rbion the most underrated stern?

#23 10 years ago

I think RBION is one of the best layouts I've played. I honestly think if it would have been a better theme it would be much higher on the top-100 list. I had an opportunity to trade for one, but that was before I've played one. I'm kicking myself now.

#24 10 years ago

I am looking at a 2 owner HUO ripleys (almost like new) for around 3600 and a very nice (no cabinet wear) T3 for 2250. Which is the better value based on price and possible future value (purely speculative)? Also, which would fit better with my current collection: AC/DC, lotr, and Shrek. Rbion seems pretty similar to Shrek (lawlor games) and T3 seems pretty similar to AC/DC. Thanks for the advice.

#25 10 years ago

Oh- I dont have the money to get both and also dont have room for more than 4 games at a time.

#26 10 years ago

RBION layout isn't like a shrek but I haven't played one myself. Is their any pins with the same layout as RBION? I like that you have so many shots from each flipper and the depth of the modes and different goals are crazy. If I were you I'd try to play both and see which one you enjoy more I got my HUO rbion for $3400 in Australia where pins cost more and I thought I may have over payed so I'm not sure on the price you've been given but someone here from the U.S will know if it's in line. If it is I'm happier with what I paid for mine.

#27 10 years ago

That's a pretty good price on the T3 and about dead on for the RBION. RBION is a really great game though, I think t3 will get boring.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from denmark71:

Rbion seems pretty similar to Shrek (lawlor games) and T3 seems pretty similar to AC/DC.

Quoted from pinmanguy:

Is their any pins with the same layout as RBION?

RBION isn't anything like Shrek/FGY to me. RBION has the classic Lawlor layout like Whirlwind,TAF,Monopoly etc, but like them it plays diff'rently enough. I have an RBION and I would buy a Whirlwind in a second and not worry aboot it.

T3 I guess maybe could be a similar layout to ACDC but I wouldn't draw that comparison, and they certain(t)ly play way diff'rent.

$3600 is steep for a RBION though.

#29 10 years ago

Thanks for the advice. I missed out on the RBION, but the T3 is still available for 2250. Its in really nice condition with no flipper button wear (but not huo). Is this a reasonable price?

thanks

#30 10 years ago

would have preferred rbion, but not bad price on a t3

#31 10 years ago

Too bad on RBION. I would pass on T3, it's a dreadful game. Get a T2 and thank yourself later.

#32 10 years ago

RBION over T3, but both are keepers for me. $3600 seems a bit high for RBION and $2250 seems a bit low for T3. If the T3 is still available you should grab it, IMHO.
Terry.

#33 10 years ago

I enjoy T3 from time to time but there is no comparison here. RBION FTW...

T3 $2200-2500 RBION 2500-3000

#34 10 years ago

Get the T3 then trade it for a Ripley's when another comes up (or sell it).

#35 10 years ago

At $2,200, there isn't a lot of value in that T3 buy. T3 is a tough resell, even more so at a high price like that. There is a reason that one is still available at that price and the RBION is gone.

#36 10 years ago

A few pics of the t3. Looks to be in good shape.

t3_left.jpgt3_left.jpg T3_lower_PF.jpgT3_lower_PF.jpg t3_mid_pf.jpgt3_mid_pf.jpg

#37 10 years ago

IF you can get over the fact it's Terminator and Ahnold is all over it, it actually a pretty decent game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/t3-or-rbion-quick-poll and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.