litetits.jpg
IMGA0880.JPG
IMGA0878.JPG
IMGA0882.JPG
IMGA0881.JPG
IMGA0874.JPG
IMGA0870.JPG
IMGA0872.JPG
There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

Hi guys

I know T3 is a little more expensive especially due to the more popular license but from a pure pinball standpoint and assuming they were both the same price, which one would you go for?

Looking for fun, action, nice flow and longevity

Thanks in advance

#2 9 years ago

I have never played either. I'd choose DM

#4 9 years ago

I've played both and I'd choose Demolition Man. T3 is fun but it doesn't really click with me as a game I'd want to keep for a long time. Both are fun and have great flow, however.

#5 9 years ago
#7 9 years ago

I like dm better and own one

#8 9 years ago

DM is a good game, never played T3

#10 9 years ago

Owned DM 4 times, and would own it again. Great bang for the buck. T3 is a fun game, would like to get one, but hasn't connected the way DM did. DM gets my vote if you can only get one.

#11 9 years ago

had DM - couldn't wait to sell it .. the neat feature of the dual shooter gun flipper controls was cool for the first 2 weeks then.... TA.. TA... TA.. TURD (alicious)!

T3 I have had for a long time in my line up... its way underated.. and you can pick them up at a nice price. - T2 is better , T3 a little less cool but T3 WAY BETTER than DM

anyhow - my 2 cents

#12 9 years ago

had 3 DM loved it but 1 T-3 that is still here after 8 or 9 years so I say T-3

#13 9 years ago

Thanks guys, I love all the ramps of T3 but it seems to just be ramps across the playfield from left to right and might start to just become shoot, ball loops in a ramp then back over and over again.

The only other option was the one that seems to get compared to this a lot Judge Dredd. That also has people divided although in the polls from this forum JD is ahead.

I like how they all play but haven't played any of these over and over for hours on end etc

#14 9 years ago

DM by a Mile ,, I Traded my Mustang Pro 4 this DM + Cash from an Employee of HEP .. Dam Nice

#15 9 years ago

Had T3 for a month or two. It is ok, never grabbed me. However, I've never felt compelled to pump more money into Demolition Man on location.

#16 9 years ago

I've had two Demolition mans, but the theme really did little for me besides it being a Williams pin. On top of that, it is a nightmare and a half to shop properly and a very challenging game to keep working correctly. On the plus side, it is a fun shooting game with good sounds and the play is definitely more challenging than T3.

T3 on the other hand is very straight forward. It's also very reliable and easy to fix. Has a lot of unique features, such as the all metal ramps, backbox rpg cannon, great callouts from Arnold, great thumping sounds, video mode, light show, etc. It is a heavy ramp game, but they are fun ramps, and the modes are fun too. The assault mode is easy to achieve, and the final battle is not too difficult to get either.
One of the games greatest features is the bonus x is deep, and it holds/collects your collected items, (such as weapons) throughout the game for your bonus. T3 is also a great game to play after you've played a really hard pin, because sometimes you just want to play and feel good playing and T3 delivers that.

My vote is T3.

#17 9 years ago

Thanks everyone for their input, its very close in the poll but looking like DM has slightly edged out T3 and for the 1k less it costs looks like DM will be my choice

#18 9 years ago

T3 is the better game, but if you haven't had either before and DM is a grand less, go for Demo Man.

Demo Man should be $1800ish in good shape. T3 should be under $2500, maybe closer to $2000

#19 9 years ago

If Judge Dredd is on your list as well, I would take it over both. Having played all 3, JD has given me the most fun. Any pin will get old if you don't have any others in your collection (not sure if you have any currently), but I would take JD over DM over T3.

#20 9 years ago

Demo Man !!!!!

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

If Judge Dredd is on your list as well, I would take it over both. Having played all 3, JD has given me the most fun. Any pin will get old if you don't have any others in your collection (not sure if you have any currently), but I would take JD over DM over T3.

JD is Cool as well , but Not better than DM .. i Do want JD again 1 day

#22 9 years ago

Both great for a while but both are easy and will get boring fast.

#23 9 years ago

Anything over Demoman.

#24 9 years ago

I'm not a big fan of either because I am not a fan of pins that are just ramps. You may have noticed I listed Demo Man as one of my bottom five.

It turns out I'm not much of a wide body fan. I don't know why to be honest. Demo Man simply underwhelmed me in every way.

T3 is more fun for me. Better light show and there's Arnold. The backbox game is unique.

#25 9 years ago

Have both, if one had to leave it would be Demo Man, but only because I like the theme on T3 more (I do thoroughly enjoy the Demolition Man film, but think the theme wasn't very well integrated on the pin).

Both are very good bang-for-the-buck pins. Demo Man feels very unique, especially when played with the handles. The only widebody that isn't covered in contraptions that doesn't feel like it plays like a widebody (typically slower than a standard pin).

T3 is special amongst Sterns in that it is the only one that has a backbox game (that is actually pretty cool) and uses individual lights for the translite like older games. It is also all metal as far as ramps go and feels much more solid and more B/W-like in build nature.

#26 9 years ago

But don't forget you could always upgrade your DM to the steroids version, then it smokes most pins out now.

#27 9 years ago

I think DM is the clear winner here.

T3 is fast and fun but offers little in the unique shots category.

#28 9 years ago

I have played a ton of T3 and I like it. Straightforward progression to wizard mode, really cool final battle when you get there. Satisfying shots up the multiball lock. I'd generally go for the newer machine if all else is equal, less wear and tear. More modern parts.

I see you chose DM, just felt like chiming in.

#29 9 years ago

Own both, DM came from BR and it's great, T3 is greatly enhanced with mirror blades and color changes using LEDs. Both have kept my interest, but T3 is my preference.

#30 9 years ago

I haven't purchased yet so going back and forth. I am about to purchase a life size t-800 for my mancave so maybe I should go with T3 pinny and put it next to it.

I have played both and like them equally, better theme (T3) vs the more colourful and interesting playfield in my opinion at least (DM) so wanted to see what people thought who have played these pinnies over thousands of hours what they feel would be the better model long term

Don't want something that I will get bored off in 2 two weeks etc

#31 9 years ago

anyone modded the T3 to remove some of the "red" everywhere? I mean the whole playfield is red, virtually every LED etc

#32 9 years ago

I have about 50 hours playtime on t3 and all the high scores at the local bar. It has decent lasting power, as you get better at it just steepen the slope and Widen the outlanes and it will be a good keeper pin I think, at least for a while. Layout should be easy maintenance too I think, which is a plus as well. I guess the thing that really draws me to it is a great final battle and wizard mode. It's not a top 50 pin but I think it's pretty underrated

#33 9 years ago

DM is better...on a side note, am I the only one who thinks T3 is better than T2 by a pretty good margin?

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

am I the only one who thinks T3 is better than T2 by a pretty good margin?

Yep

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

DM is better...on a side note, am I the only one who thinks T3 is better than T2 by a pretty good margin?

I prefer T3 myself. I just don't think T2 aged that well; my opinion of course.

#36 9 years ago

MustangPaul has the nicest looking T3 on the planet. Ok, I may be biased. But the lighting mods he has done are spectacular. May want to look to his game for how to optimize lighting. Lucky for me, I get to play Paul's T3 and few others local to Minneapolis. Cheers.

#37 9 years ago

I got a Demo Man project and put alot of hours into shopping and dialing it in, and it looked amazing, but...... it left my collection rather quickly, just doesnt have the staying power. I vote t3

#38 9 years ago

T3 is one of the sleeper sterns, but it is universally hated for some reason. I would say t3.

#39 9 years ago

One thing to note, DM has the option of being converted to a Demolition Man on Steroids (All new code, color DMD to show new animations, custom music tracks, custom call outs, etc.) DM has more going for it than some people realize.

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from safire25:

anyone modded the T3 to remove some of the "red" everywhere? I mean the whole playfield is red, virtually every LED etc

Have you thought about T-2? That is way better than T-3 IMO.

#41 9 years ago

I have had both..DM is still here.
DM is just a better flowing game and they tweaked the code.
T3 good bang for buck game but all things equal DM.

#42 9 years ago

I've owned neither and can't speak to maintenance but I've played both on location plenty, T3's engaged me about as much as the "4d" T3 ride at Universal Studios- once per trip is more than enough. Demolition Man is the fastest combo-driven wide body I've ever played, and I actually like the pistol grip flipper buttons. The multiball progression also does a great job of making it feel like you're progressing through the story. If you went with the DM, good choice by me.

#43 9 years ago

T3, but you can't go wrong with either.

#44 9 years ago

Everyone I know who has owned a T3 (including myself) moves it on after no more than 6 months because it gets super boring super fast. As many in this thread have said it is a good bang for buck pin but just doesn't have any staying power. I haven't owned a DM myself but I know of a few that have and out of the two I'd have to go with DM, it's just the better game.

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

on a side note, am I the only one who thinks T3 is better than T2 by a pretty good margin?

Nope. Grew up playing T2 in the arcades and T2 is my favorite movie of all time, but I vastly prefer T3 to T2. Only thing T2 has over T3 is a MUCH better artwork package.

3 months later
#46 9 years ago

I'd go with option #3
Spend a little extra cash and buy a Metallica

#47 9 years ago

Own DM and T3. Love T3 probably my favorite of all time. "Shoot here and here"
I would say T3

#48 9 years ago

Both are pretty even to me. Neither are my favorites but i enjoy playing both. but in your situation i think you should go T3 since your a Terminator fan

#49 9 years ago

DM is a turd that won't flush. T3 isn't the deepest game. But is a hell of a lot more fun.

Mike

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

...on a side note, am I the only one who thinks T3 is better than T2 by a pretty good margin?

Better? That's debatable... personally, I think T2 is clearly the better game. By a pretty good margin? That's just crazy talk...

Demo Man or T3? Both being good, get the one that is cheaper... At the same price, probably Demo Man...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 72.95
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 85.00
$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/t3-or-demolition-man/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.