(Topic ID: 88396)

** FIXED ** T3 - Locks Balls after selecting T-X Challenge??

By NPO

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by NPO
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100_6563.JPG
#1 10 years ago

Ok, so check this one out.

Whenever I pick T-X Challenge for the opening shot, it shoots and locks a ball into the ball lock trough - as if I just locked a ball leading up to multiball. After it does this, it loads a ball into the shooter lane and fires it into the PF - all the while - it HAS initiated T-X Challenge as well. So it's like it enables two modes in one shot.

Then, if I shoot the left orbital shot, there are two roll-over switches the ball activates. If that happens and then the ball falls into the "ball lock" trough, it will display one of two behaviors:

1. T-X Challenge mode activated
2. Locks a ball

Any ideas??? I am slowly diagnosing things, but I have other errands to get done (stuff to ship that people here have bought), so this is lower on my list of "to do"s until tonight. Figured I'd throw this out for brainstorming from some experts!

#2 10 years ago

Small bump since I posted that at 2300 lastnight.

I think I figured it out. Let me do a small amount more of testing before I say anything. Once I know, I'll fire away to everyone here!

#3 10 years ago

All right, I have played multiple games now, and I believe I have fixed the problem!

So, see Exhibit A:

100_6563.JPG100_6563.JPG

Focus on the "U" gate as I am calling it. It is what the ball passes through as it heads to the ball lock trough, and that "U" hits a activates a switch, telling the machine that a ball has been locked. That "U" gate was sticking in the "up" position, so everytime I started a game, the switch was already being activated, hence, why both modes were activating at the same time.

To fix this, I put some blue shop cloths down on my playfield, and I used this product:

http://www.krytox-distribution.us/product.asp?itemid=36&gclid=ckfssz3y9l0cfyzamgodbjiaeg

I sprayed maybe 4-5 tiny drops into the area where the "U" met the bracket it was sitting in, and then I flicked that "U" gate with my finger probably a good 25 times to make sure it was 100% functional. I then wiped up any excess (read: 1 drop) lubricant off of the bracket with the blue towel.

So far - so good! Hope this helps someone down the road!

And thank you to WeirPinball for suggesting "It sounds like a switch is stuck." Right on, I just had to find it !

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/t3-locks-balls-after-selecting-t-x-challenge?hl=koji and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.