• 37 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by PEN
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I saw it on ebay ebay.com link: Terminator 3 T3 Pinball Machine Free Shipping
the game looks great but it seems expensive.

#2 11 years ago

must come with Steve Ritchie for that price!!

#3 11 years ago

Wow, this is the first time I ever heard of stuff on ebay costing 3 times what it is worth. Good catch. I think we need a few thousand more posts like this.

#4 11 years ago

Thats at least double what a T3 is worth.

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Wow, this is the first time I ever heard of stuff on ebay costing 3 times what it is worth. Good catch. I think we need a few thousand more posts like this.

I like the sarcasm, but very well, normally you see beat up games at 3x value. I was just surprised at a very nice T3 but at a absurd price.

#6 11 years ago

Maybe it's not for a pinball machine, but for an actual Terminator!

#7 11 years ago

man. I guess i should have bought the 3 I had a chance to buy for under $1500. :/ In this market right now. i wouldn't be surprised if it sold for that.

7 months later
#8 10 years ago

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from zod:

I own this game and its up there with the better sterns, 4000 is not absurd for a good condition T3. Its the pinball geeks who set these prices thus 12 000 for MM when its not worth that much $. Play it and if you like then its worth every penny. Don't go by what these people on pinside say, I bought a Tron based on other peoples feedback and sold it in a month, did not like it at all. JMnemonic which is one of the best pinballs ever made can be bought for 2000 and MBash which while good isn't great and its worth 4 times as much. FOOLISH

T3 is currently a $2k-something game. Someone on here is currently asking $2600 for an HUO one. How fun these games are to you only affects what they're worth to you, not what they're actually worth.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from crazyerk:

Maybe it's not for a pinball machine, but for an actual Terminator!

Very funny!

Its too expensive.. but it is a fun game

#11 10 years ago

You can pull up almost EVERY pin on Ebay and it's double or triple what it sells for on the normal market. It is just a showcase so dealers can show off their inventory I think.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from nighttaco:

You can pull up almost EVERY pin on Ebay and it's double or triple what it sells for on the normal market. It is just a showcase so dealers can show off their inventory I think.

Exactly. Who looks for or buys pins on ebay? The last time I looked at a pinball auction on ebay was because I needed some pictures to assist in the reassembly of a Williams Funhouse.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Exactly. Who looks for or buys pins on ebay? The last time I looked at a pinball auction on ebay was because I needed some pictures to assist in the reassembly of a Williams Funhouse.

I bought my first pin from a guy on ebay. It didn't sell twice, so I offered him about 25% less than he was offering minus an additional 25% for eBay fees he would not have to pay.

eBay is a great prospecting tool

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

I do. The last three machines that I bought on ebay were cheaper than the asking prices for the same machines on this forum. And all of the machines were in very good condition. I have gotten some great deals on pinside, but I also did very well on ebay. Guess I just got lucky.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from zod:

I own this game and its up there with the better sterns, 4000 is not absurd for a good condition T3. Its the pinball geeks who set these prices thus 12 000 for MM when its not worth that much $. Play it and if you like then its worth every penny. Don't go by what these people on pinside say, I bought a Tron based on other peoples feedback and sold it in a month, did not like it at all. JMnemonic which is one of the best pinballs ever made can be bought for 2000 and MBash which while good isn't great and its worth 4 times as much. FOOLISH

I have to strongly disagree....4 k for that machine is insane. I think T3 is a decent game but 4 k not a chance. Oh and Mbash IS great!

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from zod:

I own this game and its up there with the better sterns, 4000 is not absurd for a good condition T3.

Also strongly disagree. It is a collectible with a value of which gameplay is a only a small factor. It's only worth what someone else is willing to pay and that's nowhere near $4k.

Quoted from zod:

JMnemonic which is one of the best pinballs ever made can be bought for 2000 and MBash which while good isn't great and its worth 4 times as much. FOOLISH

I'll leave the specific example out of it but I agree in principle. Some of the pins I've enjoyed owning the most have been on the lower end of the price spectrum.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

T3 is currently a $2k-something game. Someone on here is currently asking $2600 for an HUO one. How fun these games are to you only affects what they're worth to you, not what they're actually worth.

I agree-you beat me to it. In my old-school value scale, a T3 in the mid-2's is a solid value for fun factor, and that is where they usually sell. And a WPT for about $2k is off the hook!

#18 10 years ago

I sold a huo t3 3 months ago on pinside for $2400 and it took about 3 days to sell

#19 10 years ago

This is where the recent hyper-inflated prices come from. 4K for a T3.
I service pins for a living, so I see lots of collections, one thing has been in common with all collectors these days, the list of inflated values everyone is so proud of. Every day I get to hear the story of how they paid $700 for a game and now it's worth $5000. I've had a guy show me a list of his games (with all hyper prices) and break down each exaggerated price to me, claiming how he has a million dollars worth of games. And he didn't. So I said 'If they are worth so much, sell them', he listed about 8 games everywhere, CL/Ebay/MrPinball, and you know what, not one sold. NOT ONE.
The value of a machine is whatever it sells for, and not a penny more.

#20 10 years ago

I just sold my T3 in Australia for $5500 its a bit rarer over here but it had all the fruit, mirror blades, chrome flipper protectors, chrome package of lockdown bar, side rails, legs, had pro pinball speakers and looked like it came out of then box, only about 100 plays with awesome leds throughout, having trouble uploading a picture but did have a thread not long ago with pictures if you want to look under my posts.

Beautiful machine.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

I just sold my T3 in Australia for $5500 its a bit rarer over here but it had all the fruit, mirror blades, chrome flipper protectors, chrome package of lockdown bar, side rails, legs, had pro pinball speakers and looked like it came out of then box, only about 100 plays with awesome leds throughout, having trouble uploading a picture but did have a thread not long ago with pictures if you want to look under my posts.
Beautiful machine.

Your T3 had the fruit? I want that mod!!!

#22 10 years ago

$2200-2500 is a fair price for a T3

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Your T3 had the fruit? I want that mod!!!

Haha........you never heard of that saying

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#25 10 years ago
Quoted from zod:

Wrong dickhead, who sets the prices? I would not pay more than 2500 for Tron but would gladly pay 4500 for a HUO Terminator as that's what its worth to me.

Post a WTB ad, you'll have one by tomorrow

#26 10 years ago

zod, you should corner the market on T3s.

#27 10 years ago

I'm actually glad there are a lot of pins like T3 that get mixed reviews, it keeps them affordable to buy
and they are a blast to play.

#28 10 years ago

You can polish a $2200 turd all day but......

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from zod:

Wrong dickhead, who sets the prices? I would not pay more than 2500 for Tron but would gladly pay 4500 for a HUO Terminator as that's what its worth to me.

Wowie wow never heard anyone so passionate about T3. Really no need to use foul language at someone just because they made a point though. I would say that the great majority would probably disagree with you on what they would pay for T3.

Quoted from jayhawkai:

zod, you should corner the market on T3s.

Quoted from Breadfan:

You can polish a $2200 turd all day but......

hahahahaha......priceless.

#30 10 years ago

Yep bit harsh but no-one really knows what a pinball is worth I've heard of pins selling for double the normal selling price

#32 10 years ago

Usually i do not get involved this kind of discussions, but i noticed that pinball machines and "add-ons" are just a business lately. Who cares about the market value of that machine? Since i bought it FOR FUN and im going to use it FOR FUN, it doesnt matter how much somebody will pay for it on Ebay or elsewhere.
I can see also crazy prices for "special" add-ons, chromed legs for 300$, 500$ a coin door?!, a skull ( T2 ) with some crappy LED`s, 150$...is this the real price? The answer is NO. Some people or company just try to speculate the market.
At the end, all pinball machines have -almost- same box, -almost- same kind of electronics and -almost- same kind of mechanical parts. Is this going to make a 10k USD difference? Not for me.
Some people will buy an "expensive" machine just because it`s trendy...and this apply not only for pinball...
Let`s rediscover the fun...

I do not expect a reply, it`s just a personal point of view.

#33 10 years ago

All I'm saying is its what I'm or you are willing to pay. I get it, anything over 3000 for HUO T3 is high I'm with you all on that my point is if a local machine comes up and its priced high and I want to buy it then so what. I had an Avengers Blue LE priced at 5500 and no one would touch it what is it's value? I'm only using T3 as an example I bought mine for 2500 and its in great shape and worth more to me than my Tron was. That's the point I wouldn't sell my T3 for 2500 or 3000, but if my only option for Tron was to take a loss and sell at that price I would as I didn't care for it. I apologize for the "dickhead" comment its just that dealing with collectors and sellers and dealers for the last few years has gotten to me. I guess I don't have the patience...................SORRY

#34 10 years ago

i've seen routed ones sell first hand for $700. Most are $1500-1800. Some were 2k-2200 but took awhile to sell. $2500 your pushing it. Unless you find someone that doesn't know better and really likes the game.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from zod:

All I'm saying is its what I'm or you are willing to pay. I get it, anything over 3000 for HUO T3 is high I'm with you all on that my point is if a local machine comes up and its priced high and I want to buy it then so what. I had an Avengers Blue LE priced at 5500 and no one would touch it what is it's value? I'm only using T3 as an example I bought mine for 2500 and its in great shape and worth more to me than my Tron was. That's the point I wouldn't sell my T3 for 2500 or 3000, but if my only option for Tron was to take a loss and sell at that price I would as I didn't care for it. I apologize for the "dickhead" comment its just that dealing with collectors and sellers and dealers for the last few years has gotten to me. I guess I don't have the patience...................SORRY

I see what your saying though. I'm glad you love your T3 that much, and for the record I've always enjoyed that pin. That's the key finding pins you like, not any top 10 or 100, but if they happen to be in there that's cool too.

#36 10 years ago

Mine has less then 600 plays on it, HUO, looks like it just came out of the box and has all leds. I payed $2600 2 weeks ago.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from jitneystand1:

Post a WTB ad, you'll have one by tomorrow

You forgot to say di$khe@d.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/t3-for-5k and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.