5FD04B71-60D0-4346-BE0D-F749765B646B (resized).jpeg
20220318_122735 (resized).jpg
translite picture (resized).jpg
Translite with watermark (resized).jpg
T3promo (resized).jpg
706DA067-C520-44B2-BD01-0FFBC3BD0D8D (resized).jpeg
226924725_353246722935548_6639508893047889947_n (resized).jpg
IMG_20210808_202509 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scorch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#168 5 years ago

Just picked up this machine.

Undocumented HUO machine in great condition other than multiple bulbs out. Just need to LED it and maybe add a few toys.

I wanted to get some opinions though.... I really like the chrome apron look.... was wondering if a can of chrome (mirror) spray paint would be sufficient, especially since it essentially would not see any wear. I guess another option would be to use a chrome vinyl wrap as that is easily reversible.

#171 5 years ago

Playing around with an alternate translite.... what do you guys think of this mock up?

I'd probably have to print out 2 of them... one with the RPG area removed, and another one for the RPG area, so it'll look like a single picture.

mock up (resized).pngmock up (resized).png
#172 5 years ago

Here's the translite I ended up with. I've got two copies being printed. Unfortunately, I don't have a way to print this out with a blank area as it would show up as white opaque, so I'll have to cut out the area by hand. I'm then thinking that I will sandwich the image between the class and some mylar so the edges don't curl. The second print I'll cut out and put in the RPG area.

does anyone have any idea where I can print out a copy of this with the RPG area staying transparent?
Final Translite copy (resized).jpgFinal Translite copy (resized).jpg

#175 5 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

One way is to print on clear vinyl, then you will need to mask off the RPG area and spray the back of the translite white to make it look right.
Robert

Thanks.... I looked in to printing on clear, and they said it wouldn't look good... but spraying it white after the fact would probably do the trick.....

I have the standard backlit film being printed now, so I'll try with the cut out, but if that doesn't work, I'll try what you suggest.

1 week later
#177 5 years ago

Got my new Translite installed. I think it looks pretty good, though the ultra cheap LED's definitely don't do a good job lighting it.

just ordered some new ones from comet as well as an LED OCD (I'm worried I'm going to get a seizure!).

Terminator 3 Translite (2) (resized).JPGTerminator 3 Translite (2) (resized).JPG
#179 5 years ago
Quoted from frosty:

I'm Looking for a T-3 gun handle assembly if anyone can help out, searched the usual pinball parts suppliers with no luck

I saw that Bay Area Amusements has a gun for LAH (http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=baa&Category_Code=GS-1416&Product_Code=&Search=&Sort_By=disp_order&Per_Page=40)

mounting is different, as LAH has the smart bomb button, but the guns themselves are identical... I would think you would be able to mount the LAH gun on to your T3 Gun mounting plate.

#183 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That looks great, yes you do need better bulbs. What bulbs did you order? Post another pic when you change them.

I got the comet 2smd frosted in "sunlight white" which is between warm and cool white.

Right now I just have some super cheap LED's I had laying around that I bought 5 years ago (before I knew anything about LED's).

#184 5 years ago
Quoted from puck:

Nice work! Any insight on how it was printed? What material did you use? And how is the diffusion from the LEDs? Great work!!!

For this one I printed it at printmoz.com as a backlit poster and cut out the inset area by hand. It's actually a really nice material that they use that's thicker than the original translite. The picture does show halos from the cheap clear bulbs behind, but that is not seen in person. If after I put in the new frosted Comet LED's they still show through, I'll probably try spray painting the back with a white frosting spray paint.

If I were to do it again, I would probably try to print it as a "clear window cling" which is 7 mil instead of the 10 mil material I have now. That way I wouldn't have to cut out the area.

I do have another one printed that I was thinking I would use to replace the image in the RPG game, but I'm pretty worried about all the cuts needed (like the inserts), and worried it might not turn out very good.

#185 5 years ago

Here are a couple pics with the Comet 2smd frosted LED's installed in sunlight white. The top left is washed out a little. I may end up still spray painting the back of the translite to see if I can get better light diffusion.

Has anyone else installed the LED OCD board in this game? It's a great product but it definitely needs some adjustments for this game... for example, the lag on the RPG inserts, makes them lag on which target to shoot for. If anyone has a config file for the LED OCD board on this machine, I'd love to get a copy.

IMG_2067 (2) (resized).JPGIMG_2067 (2) (resized).JPGIMG_2068 (resized).JPGIMG_2068 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#186 5 years ago

Here's my T3 with the alternate insert put in as well....

Did a crappy job of cutting out the inserts, so I'll probably try and re-print it, but leaving those areas blank and printing on clear vinyl... this at least shows what it will look like in the end. I think it's an improvement over the stock.

1 (resized).JPG1 (resized).JPG2 (resized).JPG2 (resized).JPG
10 months later
#203 4 years ago
Quoted from Murphelman:

I would be interested in alternate translate too.

If anyone wants a copy of my alternate translite, send me a PM (I've got a couple extra printed out).

Please note though... these are printed as a single sheet only. So essentially you will need to cut out the RPG insert by yourself, and make the cuts as clean as you can so that you can use the inner part in the RPG area itself. You will also have to cut out the inserts.

I'd sell them for $70 including shipping to the US and Canada.

Final Translite copy (resized).jpgFinal Translite copy (resized).jpg
2 years later
#328 2 years ago

I've posted my T3 for sale and have alot of interest in my alternate translite. As such, I decided to make a limited run of them.

It will come as a single sheet. You will need to cut out yourself, including the target arrows. Best is to remove you back glass and place it on a couple saw horses, turning the backglass into a light table. Then you can place the new translite on top of it and trace the insert. Cut that insert out using an x-acto knife being carefull to stay on the traced line as you'll used the cut out piece for the gun insert. Similarly you can then trace the target light from the original insert into the new one.

I personally taped the edges of the insert onto the light board using a black tape which worked quite well, but you could also use a strong double-sided tape. Originally I was going to use a second print for the backbox so you wouldn't see the white around the edges, but using the cut out worked just fine. Another alternative would be that I could print out the inner insert image as a vinyl decal since it doesn't need any light to go through it. Let me know if you'd like me to do that as a vinyl decal would only cost an additional $35, though you would still have to trim to size including the target cutouts.

cost would be $150 + shipping for the translite or $185 If you want the vinyl decal as well.

Translite with watermark (resized).jpgTranslite with watermark (resized).jpgtranslite picture (resized).jpgtranslite picture (resized).jpg
2 months later
#332 1 year ago

So I just installed a Pin2dmd in my T3 and now my F7 fuse is blowing instantly when I turn my machine on. Did a quick check to make sure there were no obvious shorts, but still happening. Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot?

1 week later
#336 1 year ago

DMD is plugged in to the auxiliary power connection in the coin door, so I don't think it's the DMD itself. I'm thinking maybe a transistor blew? I'll have to find some time to dig into it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 45.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scorch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/t3-clubrise-of-the-machine?tu=scorch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.