7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by CookyJar
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cookyjar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

So, my T3 starting blowing the F21 fuse, after putting in a new fuse I found that the autolaunch coil was locked on causing the fuse to blow. I've read up on service bulletins that Stern has put out about autolaunch coil problems on T3, which doesn't seem to be the case with this. It's looking like the Q2 transistor maybe the culprit, just wanted to get some opinions if anyone thinks it could be a different problem. I've had similar transistor problems on my LOTR and Monopoly, which led me to believe it may be the same issue.

Also since it's a Whitestar board set, is the power driver board in my LOTR swappable with my T3 board for testing? Thanks for any help.

-Steve

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Call Stern tech support to see if you can swap boards. Some of them are different.
Easy to check Q2 with a meter to see if it's shorted.
LTG : )

Going to give them a call during my lunch today.

Quoted from ibuypinballs:

Just sold a T3 to a local person three weeks ago. True fully doc HUO with 930 plays on it. Three days after with the new owner the 21 fuse blew. Long story short, the leg of the diode on the auto launch coil broke off shorting out Q2 keeping the auto launch coil locked on. Just as described in the service bulletin (http://www.sternpinball.com/service-bulletins/service-bulletin-145-terminator-3-rise-of-the-machines) replaced the auto launch coil diode with a auto launch jumper diode harness and removing the original diode off the coil. Then replaced the Q2.
Here is the diode harness. https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=auto+launch+harness
Marcos also sells the transistor for Q2.

Checked the diode on the auto launch coil and it looks fine, no broken off leg, will probably pick up the jumper diode harness just to be safe. Question if I install the jumper diode harness do I have to also remove the diode from the coil? With the transistor, I have a few left over from a transistor issue I had with my LOTR.

#7 7 years ago

Couldn't get through to Stern during my lunch hour, going to try again tomorrow.

The T3 is on location, so I'm going to try to stop after work tomorrow and pull the board to bring home for repairs. Also, I have the LOTR at home, so if it's swappable I'll be able to test out on that.

-Steve

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Boards
PinSound

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cookyjar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/t3-autolauncher-problem?tu=cookyjar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.