Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMGA0874[1]_(resized).JPG
IMGA0881[1]_(resized).JPG
IMGA0882[1]_(resized).JPG
DSCN1866_(resized).JPG
DSCN1863_(resized).JPG

#1 8 years ago

I have a T3 that I am cleaning up for a friend. He wants to LED it. I have ZERO experience with LEDs, so I am a bit overwhelmed with the choices and options.

He does want to keep the colors true to the original.

If anyone has done LEDs in a T3, can you please either post ot PM me so we can discuss what brand and types were used?

It's my first time. Please be gentle

Thanks in advance.

Chris

1 week later
#2 8 years ago

Hey Chris,

My T3 is full LED and I love it. I did some creative work with the back box and it turned out amazing. I'll post some video if time permits this week. Have your friend look at LED OCD kit's I can't wait to put them in my machines.

Talk soon,

-J

#3 8 years ago

video would be great, thank you!

Chris

#4 8 years ago

Mustangpaul, paging MustangPaul.

#5 8 years ago

Following. I have a T3 and I'm looking to add LEDs as well. Image request bump.

#6 8 years ago

I'll get a pic of mine. I normally don't like colored bulbs in the GI, but blue looks really good in this game, IMO. Pics soon.

#7 8 years ago

Blue frosted in most of the GI, Red across the back board, white frosted in the slings for a bit of added light around the flippers, and I put in two spot lights to add some light to the center of the playfield. As normal with LED pics, it's better in person. I also put in the red DMD filter. It's a no-brainer for this title.

DSCN1863_(resized).JPGDSCN1863_(resized).JPG

DSCN1866_(resized).JPGDSCN1866_(resized).JPG

#8 8 years ago

Thanks Tamoore. What brand and "model" did you use?

#9 8 years ago

I did mine with pinballbulbs.com non ghosting bulbs, I also added some LED strips on the left and right ramps in Red, used all warm white in the GI and backbox, and used color matching for all the inserts, really pops.

#10 8 years ago

Looking good Tamoore! Thanks for sharing. Are you guys using the LED OCD boards on this title? I thought I've read that it's almost required for some of these Stern titles. Thoughts?

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

Mustangpaul, paging MustangPaul.

Here I am....to the rescue.

FIRST AND FORMOST!!! An OCD board is a MUST!!! For the inserts I have Natural white clear dome Comet 2 smd bulbs in all inserts, they let the facets of the inserts "sparkle" like a new Stern. Topside is a matter of taste but definetly 2-3 double spot lights to help light the pf, I have 3 and it REALLY helps. If he wants to go crazy, like I did, red led strips on all 3 ramps look way cool IMO. My leg light-ups look bitchin on my game IMO also.

Mirror blades help with the lighting also.

And don't forget Comet red top white bottom pop cap led rings.

IMGA0882[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0882[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0881[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0881[1]_(resized).JPG

IMGA0874[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0874[1]_(resized).JPG

#12 8 years ago

I believe mine are all the non ghosting Pinball Life frosted LED's. That's pretty much what I buy anymore, other than Comet's for the EM's.

#13 8 years ago

Same with me, no LCDLED board in mine, really did not need it.

#14 8 years ago

Thanks everyone!

I hope to be placing an order soon

Chris

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Boards
PinSound
Boards

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/t3-and-leds-can-someone-school-me and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.