Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BSD , Operation , etc 004.JPG
#1 10 years ago

Looking for a fun not so hard rule set pin that a beginner and his family would enjoy---These two machine are available at a store near me would one of them fit my criteria?????? They are both right around the same price $2500, does that seem about right????? I might be able to get the price lowered when I offer cash.

#2 10 years ago

The Getaway. T2 is good but Getaway is so much better. The T2 seems pricey by the American pricing I usually see on here.

#3 10 years ago

Too high for normal machines. I'd probably go HS2 but I'd rather have a HS.

#4 10 years ago

I have both and I just end up playing The Getaway a lot more. I agree that those prices seem high but that's hard to tell without pics and info. If they are just mint and perfect then maybe.

#5 10 years ago

I prefer Getaway - it's just got a more upbeat/fun vibe to it. The Super Charger is awesome and always fun to hit/watch. Prices seem a bit high - but it's a store...so...actually it seems low for a store, so definitely take note of the condition!

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I prefer Getaway - it's just got a more upbeat/fun vibe to it. The Super Charger is awesome and always fun to hit/watch. Prices seem a bit high - but it's a store...so...actually it seems low for a store, so definitely take note of the condition!

^ Spot on ^

#7 10 years ago

Getaway if more "fun" but T2 is a keeper also.

#8 10 years ago

Iv'e had both twice, and still have them now. HS2 is wayyy more exciting and playing it loud is just sick. Pinball bliss.

#9 10 years ago

The Getaway hands down. Price in store seems reasonable to me. A good example is $2300-$2500.

#10 10 years ago

Thanks for all the help I noticed you have it rated in your top 10 must be good!

#11 10 years ago

Getaway by a Mile !! Mine will Never leave ........ Fast Pin , High Jackpots , Super Charger etc,,
a Steve Ritchie Masterpiece ..

BSD , Operation , etc 004.JPGBSD , Operation , etc 004.JPG
#12 10 years ago

Hs2 is a good game, especially for a beginner. 2500 is not outrageous, but it is on the high side. some things to look for are insert wear around the circle, wear near the upper right kick out, good gear shifter (it works up and down in video mode), strong flippers, good back glass and little cab fade (lettering should have red), working topper beacon. LEDs would also be expected at that price...great light show for jackpots.

#13 10 years ago

Getaway and it's not close.

#14 10 years ago

Yup, Getaway by a mile.

#16 10 years ago

The Getaway for sure. Awesome theme, awesome soundtrack, awesome flow... Everything you'd be expecting from a Steve Ritchie game. Terminator 2 is good too, but not as deep as Getaway, because the only true goals there are Payback Time and the Super Jackpot.

#17 10 years ago

another vote for HS2 .....FAST

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from Kineticross:

Terminator 2 is good too, but not as deep as Getaway

"Deep" and "Getaway" cannot possibly be logically used in the same sentence. It's about as shallow as one of those plastic kiddie wading pools you put in the yard and fill up with a hose.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

"Deep" and "Getaway" cannot possibly be logically used in the same sentence. It's about as shallow as one of those plastic kiddie wading pools you put in the yard and fill up with a hose.

...but prob a little more robust than T2, right?

#20 10 years ago

Can they go to the store and try out the pins?

IMO, for beginners and family, theme matters and access to multiball matters.

I would recommend T2 over Getaway because MB is easier to start. Getting the SJ remains challenging which is also good.

So if the family has a strong prefernce on theme, then go that way. If not, I think they can have more fun on T2. Starting multiball on Getaway is more difficult with having to hit the standups and lock the balls.

That said, both are great fun, great value pins. I think T2 should be around $2k in good cosmetic, 100% working, shopped condition. Getaway maybe a little more.

Also, if you buy from a vendor that backs their pins with a decent warranty service period, that's worth some money for non-pinball families.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

...but prob a little more robust than T2, right?

To be honest, the last time I had more than 5 minutes on a T2 was at a bowling alley in the early 90s, and I'm only 31. So yeah...memory of that specific game is not the best, but at least I could have sworn that it has modes, whereas Getaway basically doesn't.... I mean there's multiball (which I don't call a "mode"), supercharger, which you have to play to get to Red Line, video mode, which you technically DON'T have to play to advance....um...that's it. I'm not bashing the game, it's fast and crazy and awesome to try and multi-load the supercharger, it's just not deep...at....all. Could very easily make the comparison between Rollergames and Getaway as far as software goes!

#22 10 years ago

Another vote for Getaway here.

Quoted from dmesserly:

Can they go to the store and try out the pins?

If the store owner says no, that's a really bad sign.

#23 10 years ago

I was going to come in here and say HS2.......but I see there is no need.

#24 10 years ago

Getaway is great. Cant find a better Pin in the price range in my opinion. Again for $2500 would expect great condition with LEDs.

#25 10 years ago

One more thing to add.

$2500 is on the high side if you were buying from a collector.

It's on the LOW side for a retailer.

Why does everyone think retail should be the same price as collector? Never has (in any hobby) and never will.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Getaway by a Mile !! Mine will Never leave

Yep. Everybody wants mine, but they can't have it! I have T-2 also, and it is also a great game, but not worth as much. Not that that matters. I like them both!

#27 10 years ago

Well, if someone in the Dallas area wants to do a temp swap or permanent trade for a Getaway.....lemme know. I'm open to suggestions, lol.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

To be honest, the last time I had more than 5 minutes on a T2 was at a bowling alley in the early 90s, and I'm only 31. So yeah...memory of that specific game is not the best, but at least I could have sworn that it has modes, whereas Getaway basically doesn't....

Nope, T2 does not have modes any more then Getaway does. In T2, you essentially have multiball, Payback Time, and video mode. Beyond that, you get progressive awards for hitting certain shots, and ramp combos, but no real modes.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from henhel:

Looking for a fun not so hard rule set pin that a beginner and his family would enjoy---These two machine are available at a store near me would one of them fit my criteria??????

I highly suggest watching some videos on the gameplay. Papa.org is a great resource for high quality videos on a lot of popular games. For T2, Bowen Kerins has even done a tutorial that is great at showing the gameplay.

http://papa.org/2014/01/01/terminator-2-tutorial/

http://papa.org/2012/12/03/high-speed-2-the-getaway-gameplay/

#30 10 years ago

I've got both and they are equally very strong games. Both are fast and flowing as is the SR trademark games. I will point out that HSll has more novelty built into it with the turbo charger and T2 has one of the best multiball superjackpot shots in the industry. Get them both and you'll have twice the fun for the price of a new game.

#31 10 years ago

Interestingly enough I am considering both of these for my next game. Can't decide which, might come down to which I find for a better deal/condition.

Love T2, a lot of nostalgia for me. Not very deep, but I have TZ for that. Fun theme, not very complicated repair wise.

Really like Getaway. Awesome theme. Always faded cabinet for some reason? Plays fast when in good shape.

Not A list games but hey that's not what I'm shopping for! I'd say decide on which theme does it for you most?

#32 10 years ago

Getaway, hands down. T2 loooong gone.

#33 10 years ago

Get a Getaway and upgrade the speakers. Wayy better.

#34 10 years ago

yep, Getaway / HS II by a mile . . .

#35 10 years ago

Getaway all day long!!!!!

#36 10 years ago

Getaway is simple fast, fun game-play. The theme is pretty agreeable to most as well.

#37 10 years ago

I have both and although getaway is newer to the collection I think it is much cooler and more fun to play.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 72.50
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 12.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 9.95
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/t2-vs-the-getaway-need-some-opinions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.